“Abysmal Customer Service” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Doubletree Hotel Houston Downtown

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Doubletree Hotel Houston Downtown
Ranked #95 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Abysmal Customer Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Upon a Monday arrival for a 5 week stay, I was given a room with a view of nothing but a parking ramp.

I asked for a different option, but was told that, due to a large convention in town, there would be no other rooms available until Friday; but I could definitely change to a more appropriate room then.

I checked back every day for potential changes, but was always given the same response: No rooms today - you can move on Friday.

Friday came; I packed my backs, and went down to change rooms and was absolutely astonished when I was told that I was not going to be allowed to change rooms.

No explanation offered.
I asked to speak with a manager, and was told that none were available.
I politely told the desk manager that this made me very unhappy. Her response?
"Well, what do you want me to do about it?"

I consider this to be the polar opposite of customer service.
Since my bags were already packed; I checked out and went to another hotel that valued my patronage and the several thousand dollars that I would have spent during my five-week stay.

Room Tip: Many of the even numbered rooms face a parking garage (see photo). Try to get a room high enough to...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Turkish first
Friendswood, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Held my daughters wedding & reception at the Doubletree, Houston. Caprile Capetillo who works for the Hotel organised a wonderfull day for us. She ensured everyone was happy. The Hotel staff were friendly and again, ensured we were happy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Toya B, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Houston Downtown, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your memorable experience with us. Caprile was delighted to read your response of the service she provided you and your family. Please keep us in mind on your family next engagement!
Benbrook, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We took our son for a concert at Jones Hall and stayed at this hotel. They offered a complementary shuttle service to the event and that was great. They came to get us when we called when the event was over. They only issue was that I had asked about if there would be anyway to get something to eat when we returned from the show which was at 10pm. They told me that the bar serves food til midnight. It's a huge area and we walked in were told that no children are allowed after 9pm and the restaurant was closed and our only option was room service. I understand rules but we were not actually sitting at the bar itself. I went over to the front desk and said that they would be happy to sit us at the restaurant and take of us there. Which they did.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Wilsonville, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

I think hotel was a great price and a good location to someone who wanted to see downtown and the local area. It's a good place, short walk to park and short distance to local good food and shopping. Great views of Houston.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Toya B, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Houston Downtown, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. Downtown Houston as so many different options to eat and entertain. I love the patio buisness options to relax! We hope to see you on your return visit to Houston.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Excellent choice for downtown Houston. Very clean hotel. The breakfast is very good with a lot of choices and very fresh. We used the shuttle service and found that to be very helpful. The rooms are clean and well stocked and we had a excellent view. We have stayed here several times and will stay again in the future.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for being loyal to our hotel when you visit Downtown Houston. We really appreciate you sharing your recent experience on the breakfast and room preference. We hope to see you again on your return to Houston!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

We reserved a corner room for a Saturday night stay to celebrate our anniversary. The room was comfortable and well-appointed. The staff was friendly and efficient at check-in and check-out. We requested an upper floor and had a nice view of downtown including beautiful gargen area behind the hotel. Valet parking includes in/out privilege and you can text ahead, so your car is waiting for you. Perfect hotel for weekend get-away.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Toya B, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Houston Downtown, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us! We appreciate your kind words toward our staff and the room accommodations. We hope you choose us on your return visit to Houston Downtown.
Fort Worth, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed at the DoubleTree due to its proximity to the Hobby Center. It worked out wonderfully. I would stay here again when catching an event at the Hobby Center. My only advice is to plan ahead on where you'll be eating dinner as downtown has limited choices. The room A/C has a fan medium and high setting. The temperature seemed to only be maintained when using the high setting.