“My vehicle was vandalized while parked out front”

Courtyard by Marriott Houston Brookhollow
Ranked #184 of 515 Hotels in Houston
Dallas, Texas
“My vehicle was vandalized while parked out front”
Reviewed December 9, 2010

OK hotel, except pathetic security. My less than month old new $40,000 vehicle was vandalized during my stay. It was parked in front of the hotel between the hotel and the freeway access road. Where was their security?

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
4 Thank jimtexas
CYBrookhollowGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Brookhollow, responded to this review, January 11, 2011
I am very sorry that this happened to you during your stay with us. The safety and security of our guests and their belongings is very important to us. We appreciate your feedback, and while it is impossible to completely prevent this type of activity in any part of the city or country, we will use your feedback to examine our procedures and processes.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
College Station, Texas
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I thought this hotel was very nice! The downstairs Bistro had a wide selection of foods to pick from for breakfast and dinner and I definitely LOVED that they had Starbucks drinks. The staff was very friendly and willing to help you with anything. The rooms were cleaned very well and the beds are SO comfy. When I came back home I realized how uncomfortable my bed is compared to theirs! It was a very nice place to stay while on business and I would recommend them to anyone.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank lesliemac36
CYBrookhollowGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Brookhollow, responded to this review, January 10, 2011
Thank you very much for your feedback. We look forward to hosting you on future trips to Houston!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 8, 2010

I had the opportunity to travel to this Courtyard in Houston earlier this month and I was glad that I did. Being in the customer service field, I always try and pay attention to how the staff works in other industries which also deal with customer relations; how did they interact with their clients; were they prepared for their customers specific needs, did they relate to the guest and how did they make the customer feel overall at the end of their experience? These questions I feel are vital to the heart beat of a product and its value to the customer. After my visit to the Courtyard Brookhollow I am confident in stating that this hotel management and staff understand this concept, and commit themselves daily to the success of their customers stay. Let me briefly explain. While visiting this hotel the lobby was under complete renovation. This could have been a recipe for a complete disaster, however this hotel had taken all of the appropriate steps to ensure that we as guests never missed a step while visiting the hotel. I was promptly greeted at time of the check in by the Assistant General Manager (Nicole) along with a letter from the general manager explaining the renovation process. Nicole assured me that the renovation process was not going to interfere with my stay and that the current construction zone was only a symbol of their promise to continuously improve the hotel and my stay at the property. I was impressed by her statement and this began my stay with a little more ease considering the current situation. Upon entering my room I unpacked and took a second to read my letter. The General Manager Chris Pomilla furthered explained the renovation process and also offered for me to contact him at any point if I was unpleased with my stay or their efforts to make me comfortable while they improve the property; this also gave me comfort in their commitment to my satisfaction. The next morning I was directed to the hotels meeting space where they had set the room as a mock breakfast area and set up a considerable buffet breakfast considering the current limitations. In the evenings we were directed in the same direction where a bar had been set up and made into a mock lobby where I could escape my room and enjoy spaces in the hotel. For the remainder of my stay I was always greeted with a warm smile and a sincere inquiry on how my stay was going. The entire staff was always helpful, genuine and ready to meet my every need...in an age where customer service can seem to lack when needed most, I commend this hotel on setting themselves above the bar, raising the standard and earning this travelers business whenever in Houston. And to think...people think that customer service is a lost industry.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy that you were not inconvenienced staying with us during our renovation. Renovations finished on 10/1/10, and we are very excited to be able to provide a new, modern, open lobby and The Bistro – our new restaurant. Please come back soon to see our new product!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 26, 2010

In Houston to visit family, arrived late in evening, hotel staff very friendly, 3rd floor room could not have been quiter, clean sheets, bathroom clean. I felt very safe but then I grew up in the neighborhood and know my way around. Train tracks are not sitting by the hotel, yes there is 610 loop but hotel is set off the service road so not directly on the freeway. This neighborhood is going thru some revitalization changes, small homes on large lots are being torn down to built mega homes with no yards. For restaurants either the Galleria area (south) or Highway 290 (north) for restaurant row. I will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Wakefield, RI
Reviewed May 3, 2010

I agree with other reviews- not the best location, is an older property, rooms are small for a standard CY. It had a strange vibe to it, a bit uncomfortable. I caught it on a convention week and had to pay $189 which was a total rip, but alas, supply and demand. Might be better off being a Red Roof Inn...

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank edtoby007
We appreciate your feedback and invite you to visit our location on a return trip to Houston so that you can see the results of our recently completed renovation. The new design and look give the property a fresh and modern feel.
Arlington, TX
Reviewed March 21, 2010

This is an older property, but it has been well maintained and doesn't show its age poorly. It is in a central location in Houston, close to the Heights neighborhood, which offers great dining. You easily get to different parts of the city from here.
The hotel is close to the freeway, so you do have a lot of freeway noise, but it wasn't anything obtrusive for us. The bed was very comfy so we slept really well.
The bathroom was tiny for two people, but the rest of the room was quite large.
We got an excellent price for our stay here, and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ACWilson
West Sacramento, California
Reviewed June 29, 2009

The staff was fairly friendly.The hotel itself is nothing to write home about. They have a breakfast area, but no restaurant. The breakfast isn't free. There's a small sparsely stocked pantry shop that is overpriced. Fridges and microwaves are only available by request and that's if they have any available, which I think is a huge drawback.

The rooms were average sized with a good sized flat screen television, The room smelt a bit musty and stuffy. Carpet looks pretty new. Beds were comfy. Everything seemed fairly clean. Bathrooms were a bit small. I was supposed to get a free paper in the morning at the door, but that only happened 20% of the mornings. No view, no window that opened. Not a great location, tucked behind a little gas station and a closed restaurant. I didn't feel unsafe per say but that area doesn't strike me as the best or the easiest to get to. There were security guards but as far as I could tell all they were securing was that the front desk clerk had someone to chat with. Lame "business center" that looks like a concierge desk in the main lobby.

Courtyards aren't my favorite Marriott's usually. Even for a courtyard this was disappointing.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Houston hotels