“Bad all around”

Ranked #184 of 516 Hotels in Houston
Texas
“Bad all around”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is a terrible hotel. When I arrived at the front desk, they barely acknowledged me. They were having trouble with their computer so we all stood there. Things just got worse. The hallways smelled like smoke. There are multiple entry points into the building and no cameras. The parking lot is poorly lit at night and I felt very unsafe. There is no continental breakfast. When I checked out, the clerk didn't ask me about my stay. Bad facility and poor customer service.

There was even a used band aid in the bathroom. Unsanitary!

Room Tip: Stay away from Marriott Courtyard. Not up to par.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TexasGal101
CYBrookhollowGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Brookhollow, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. While I can not promise that we will never have future computer problems, or that occassionally guests will still smoke in a 100% non-smoking hotel, I can promise that the management and associates number one priority is providing excellent customer service, and it is our goal that as our guest you feel valued and do not feel the impact of such happenings. I am very sorry that we failed you on your most recent visit, and I will use your feedback in our weekly service training and discussions.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Denton, Texas
Reviewed September 12, 2012

In every way, this is a typical Courtyard by Marriott. Good staff. Recently redone with the Courtyard decor and lobby arrangement. Beware of the freeway construction it can make for a challenging drive to some parts of the west loop area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The hotel is mediocre and in the middle of a ton of construction do navigation in the area is a little difficult. Check in was quick and easy and I was allowed to change my reservation to stay only one night, instead of the two planned. Room was fine, typical hotel room with nothing out of the ordinary. Check out was easy and bill was correct.

The problem came after check out... I fell asleep reading my kindle and when I woke up I threw the covers over it and forgot it. I realized my mistake later that night after arriving home. I immediately called the hotel and had to leave a message for housekeeping. No response the next morning so I called back and was again transferred to housekeeping. No answer so I left another voicemail. No return within an hour so I called and relayed my frustration to the front desk who then had to page housekeeping to answer my call. No luck after numerous conversations with the housekeeping department who claims they didn't have it so then I get referred to management. No luck there either and neither the manager or assistant seemed concerned. I am still awaiting a return call from Trevor from over a week ago. I travel at least twice a month for work and will never stay at this hotel. If they have issues returning phone calls and with staff honesty, I want no part of this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Liz3899

Travelers are raving about these Houston hotels

Hernando, Mississippi
Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

This is a nice older hotel. the side of the hotel by the busy street is noisy in the evening and early morning.
I was disappointed to not have a refrigerator in the room, usually I have had them n newer Marriott's. Overall it was pretty good.

• Stayed August 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I recently visited Houston for the AAU Jr. Olympics and spent a few days at the Brookhollow Marriott Courtyard. As we drove up my daughter said, "I hope the inside is better than the outside." It did look a bit dated, but we entered to find a completely renovated space. Unfortunately the renovation began and ended in the lobby area and on the first floor. The rooms, although a great size (2 doubles and a sofabed), was just okay. None of the rooms have queen-sized beds, only king+sofabed, or 2 doubles+sofabed, which was disappointing.

As indicated in the title of this review, the customer service was superior. The young lady who checked us in (Jamie, I believe) was extremely helpful and served as a concierge providing us with snacks for the kids, directing us to a nearby place for lunch and turning us on to a festival that was taking place downtown that evening. She was great!

Caution! Bring snacks to store in the room (there is a small fridge/freezer), the bistro and convenience area in the hotel are ridiculously high. Other benefits: fitness area, which the coach loved, and a swimming pool, which the kids loved. :)

Room Tip: If you're traveling with a big group, request a suite. It sits on the corner near the stairs and...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CYBrookhollowGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Brookhollow, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind compliments regarding the customer service provided by Jamie. I agree, our people are our greatest asset and they do a wonderful job! I appreciate the feedback about our facility, and I'm happy to relay that we are in the final planning stages of a guest room and hallway renovation. We enjoyed having the young athletes with us, and hope that we will be able to host you in future trips to Houston.
Milan, Tennessee
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This hotel has been recently remodeled so it looks up to date but the beds are not comfortable like what you have in Hilton Brand hotels such as Hampton or Hilton. No fridge in room, this is almost a necessity for me if I am traveling on business now. Construction in front of hotel makes it difficult to navigate sometimes but this is the best hotel closest to the place I am visiting on my business trip so I will probably stay here again vs having to drive further everyday. Hotel dining is expensive, there are very few options for outside dining. We did venture over to the galleria area one night for better dining options.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We understand and share your frustration with the ongoing highway construction, and look forward to the improvements it will make in our guests' ability to quickly access all major highways in the area. Very soon the project will be wrapping up in our area, and moving to the next phases of the improvements. I am also happy to report that we are in the final stages of planning our room renovation, which will include new bedding and refrigerators in every room. We currently do offer refrigerators upon request, but I know that putting them in all rooms will be an added convenience and feature our guests will enjoy. Our pricing of food and beverage was done after checking our competitors, but we are happy to revisit it to be sure we are competitive and that prices are still in line with hotels in our area. I hope that we will have the privilege of hosting you on future trips to Houston, and thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts on our property.
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This was a horrible experience at this hotel. I checked out and was refunded my money from priceline. The lobby and bistro area looks great. Once I checked into my room, it was "just okay". I came in late and went to bed. Next door there was alot of noise, a little kid playing and bumping at 2am. I went to the front desk, they moved my room. When I got to the room, I just happened to pull back covers. There was a spider in the bed and a flying roach on the wall. The manager came back and moved me again (mind you at 230am by this time). The next room had bugs in the bathroom, but I went to sleep knowing I would check out the next morning. I didnt care if I lost my money at all. The last room was very dingy and old. Old beds, and when someone next door flushed their toilet, you heard it and felt it. The shower wouldnt drain and the light wouldnt come on in the bathroom. I would not recommend this hotel. Spend a few more dollars and stay in the galleria area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family