“Typical Courtyard, gets the job done”

Courtyard by Marriott Houston Brookhollow
Ranked #194 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed November 14, 2011

The front-desk staff here is cheery, friendly, crisp and professional. The reception area is decorated in a nice, modern way and I love the seating nooks in the cafe area.

The guest hallways and rooms are in need of renovation, however. (Per management, major guest area renovations are on their way.). The hallways have a strange, sour smell in places. The rooms are small and showing their age and the bathrooms are downright clostrophobic!

This Courtyard is a friendly, reliable workhorse that gets the job done.

• Stayed: November 2011

Reviewed July 28, 2011

This great marriot is located next to the highway(610) and a gas station. great beds, wifi, starbucks in the lobby, computer access, great polite staff. Hotel has a small clean pool available for guests. About 10 mins to downtown, 25 to katy/cypress/pearland. . the immediate area surrounding the hotel is not the nicest but we never had any security issues. it served the perfect purposes for us, being located next to 610 yet super quiet and comfty rooms.

Room Tip: booked onpline
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
CYBrookhollowGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

Thank you very much for sharing your review! We believe that we offer a convenient, high quality hotel option for guests, but when hearing it from our guests it carries more weight. We appreciate your business, and your feedback.

Reviewed July 2, 2011

I will start with the positive, Fitz at the front desk was amazing during my check-in. He was friendly, helpful and spoke to me as if we had known each other forever, which built trust and comfort in me having a great stay. I couldn't say enough good things about him. Glenisha was very helpful as well at check out, she was all smiles and she seemed as though she really liked being at work and was genuinely interested in the quality of the service she was providing.

Now with that being said, I woke up early to come down for the free breakfast they have advertised as an amentity on Marriott's website to find that there is no complimentary continental breakfast, but instead an overpriced cafe of sorts. I chose staying at this property over the Marriott Westloop soley because they advertised free breakfast, and I love a quality continental breakfast. It completely threw off my budget and potentially ruined my morning. I could not review the food they are selling there, because I did not eat based on principal. I felt a bit cheated. The young lady at the cafe counter told me they stopped serving continental breakfast a year ago. I do not see why it was not removed from thier website after all this time.

The room was immaculate and truly one of the nicest rooms I have stayed in for the price and could even give some high-end hotel chains a run for their money. The television was up to date and the internet was thankfully wifi and complimentary as well.

I will not stay here again, but it was not because of the service, which was outstanding in everyway. If you promise me complimentary breakfast on your website and I wake up at the crack of dawn on a Saturday for Texas shaped waffles, they should be there. So I am left with a bad taste in my mouth, tastes alot like toothpaste and disappointment, certainly not breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
13  Thank ariesheiress

Thank you very much for recognizing our associates for their great customer service. We are very proud of the people that we hire to take care of our guests, and it is always nice to be able to share your feedback with them. Courtyard as a brand has never offered a complimentary breakfast. We did have a buffet before the introduction of the new Bistro, but there was a charge for this as well. While I can understand the convenience of a buffet, the new Bistro concept allows us to offer fresh, cooked to order selections and a higher quality of food. We do offer rates that include the breakfast to offer flexibility to our guests that need this included with the rate. I am sorry that our offerings disappointed you, as we would not want to lose you as a customer. We appreciate your acknowledgement of the clean comfortable rooms and great service.

Reviewed January 4, 2011

Don't let the outside appearence fool you. Marriott has obvioulsy invested a lot to update and beautify this hotel's rooms and interior.

Everything from the bright, vibrant colors to the cafe to the cozy rooms screams "upscale" -- without having to pay the luxury price.

Would be nice if they added a bar to the property (word of warning: there is a strip club next door, but that was never an issue), but I have few complaints after staying here for four days (spanning late December into early January).

I doubt any reasonable person would have any problems with this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Neil1013
CYBrookhollowGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very proud of the upgrades and renovations that have been made to the property. We hope to see you on future trips to Houston!

Reviewed December 9, 2010

OK hotel, except pathetic security. My less than month old new $40,000 vehicle was vandalized during my stay. It was parked in front of the hotel between the hotel and the freeway access road. Where was their security?

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank jimtexas
CYBrookhollowGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2011

I am very sorry that this happened to you during your stay with us. The safety and security of our guests and their belongings is very important to us. We appreciate your feedback, and while it is impossible to completely prevent this type of activity in any part of the city or country, we will use your feedback to examine our procedures and processes.

Reviewed November 14, 2010

I thought this hotel was very nice! The downstairs Bistro had a wide selection of foods to pick from for breakfast and dinner and I definitely LOVED that they had Starbucks drinks. The staff was very friendly and willing to help you with anything. The rooms were cleaned very well and the beds are SO comfy. When I came back home I realized how uncomfortable my bed is compared to theirs! It was a very nice place to stay while on business and I would recommend them to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank lesliemac36

Thank you very much for your feedback. We look forward to hosting you on future trips to Houston!

Reviewed September 8, 2010

I had the opportunity to travel to this Courtyard in Houston earlier this month and I was glad that I did. Being in the customer service field, I always try and pay attention to how the staff works in other industries which also deal with customer relations; how did they interact with their clients; were they prepared for their customers specific needs, did they relate to the guest and how did they make the customer feel overall at the end of their experience? These questions I feel are vital to the heart beat of a product and its value to the customer. After my visit to the Courtyard Brookhollow I am confident in stating that this hotel management and staff understand this concept, and commit themselves daily to the success of their customers stay. Let me briefly explain. While visiting this hotel the lobby was under complete renovation. This could have been a recipe for a complete disaster, however this hotel had taken all of the appropriate steps to ensure that we as guests never missed a step while visiting the hotel. I was promptly greeted at time of the check in by the Assistant General Manager (Nicole) along with a letter from the general manager explaining the renovation process. Nicole assured me that the renovation process was not going to interfere with my stay and that the current construction zone was only a symbol of their promise to continuously improve the hotel and my stay at the property. I was impressed by her statement and this began my stay with a little more ease considering the current situation. Upon entering my room I unpacked and took a second to read my letter. The General Manager Chris Pomilla furthered explained the renovation process and also offered for me to contact him at any point if I was unpleased with my stay or their efforts to make me comfortable while they improve the property; this also gave me comfort in their commitment to my satisfaction. The next morning I was directed to the hotels meeting space where they had set the room as a mock breakfast area and set up a considerable buffet breakfast considering the current limitations. In the evenings we were directed in the same direction where a bar had been set up and made into a mock lobby where I could escape my room and enjoy spaces in the hotel. For the remainder of my stay I was always greeted with a warm smile and a sincere inquiry on how my stay was going. The entire staff was always helpful, genuine and ready to meet my every need...in an age where customer service can seem to lack when needed most, I commend this hotel on setting themselves above the bar, raising the standard and earning this travelers business whenever in Houston. And to think...people think that customer service is a lost industry.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy that you were not inconvenienced staying with us during our renovation. Renovations finished on 10/1/10, and we are very excited to be able to provide a new, modern, open lobby and The Bistro – our new restaurant. Please come back soon to see our new product!