“Not value for money”

Ranked #120 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Bengaluru, India
“Not value for money”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Though a bit expensive this place is quite conveniently located close to nearby offices. I chose this since i had to visit my client office in Briarpark.
Breakfast was really disapponting & they didn't even have a kitchen of their own. So had to struggle for food.
Rooms were spacious but overall not a value for money

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for posting your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Although we are glad that our location worked so well for your needs during your visit to the area, we’re sorry that not every aspect of your stay was as positive. We truly regret your disappointment with breakfast at the hotel; however, your comments are appreciated. Thank you again for your review, we hope one day to welcome you back and provide you with an experience that meets all your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Hotel rooms look very similar wherever you are in the world and for me, it's the staff that either makes or breaks a hotel. Last week I stayed at the Marriott Marquis in San Francisco and my stay was super, as per usual. Now I've come back down to earth with a bump staying at this hotel.
It is very dated but the rooms are a good size. The location is no good though as nothing seems particularly close to the hotel, and now my main issue: the staff.
The front of house manager in San Francisco is approachable, friendly, efficient and very professional, the front of house manager here seems to go out of her way to make things awkward. The concierge is friendly but not very competent and left me to make my own arrangements-difficult sometimes when you're from out of town.

I always considered Texans to be warm and friendly but if you find one member of staff here that seems genuinely happy to see you then you have hot the jackpot because I really felt that almost every employee would be happy to see the back of me and my colleagues!

Avoid this particular hotel and stay at the Marriott Hotel near the Galleria instead as they are friendly and professional!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bw73
It is always disappointing to learn when a valued guest leaves our hotel feeling dissatisfied with their experience. We carefully read through reviews, such as yours, so we can identify the specific areas that need improving. Your experience does not match the high standards of customer service that we wish to achieve and for that, we apologize. Rest assured your comments are being shared with our entire staff. One day we hope to welcome you back and provide you with a level of service that surpasses your expectations. Thank you.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 10, 2013

This a large corprate hotel. They have a pretty good location. I got a Sunday night room for 41 bucks thru priceline. They offered additional nights at the same price. Saturday night was added at 48 dollars. This is still a good rate for the Westchase area in Houston.

Check in was friendly. No kings available so I took a room with two queens. Outside the door I noticed the microwave on the floor. Inside the room was clean. The mini fridge was unplugged. Not a big deal. The lobby has a large atrium equipped with glass elevators. The pool is heated indoors and outdoors. The hot tub is working sometimes. On the second night it was not. That night the front desk called to see if the room was vacant. I was asleep. This hotel is hit or miss. It is worth a try but only at the right price.

Room Tip: You may have to try several rooms to find a good one. This is a party hotel let them know if you ar...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
We want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We truly regret learning that although you enjoyed our location, price, and our indoor/outdoor pool; there were a few things about your stay that were amiss. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences. We hope the next time you are visiting the area you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Houston Marriott Westchase.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Please go anywhere but here!! Checked into my room, and the ceiling was rust colored and was dripping water on the bed. I went downstairs and told the night manager about it. He just said, "Ok. Someone will look at it tomorrow. Did not give me another room. I left and went to another hotel. Horrible!!!

Room Tip: DO NOT stay here!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank citronsplash74
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
It is definitely disappointing to learn of your recent experience at our hotel. Please accept our apologies for the condition of the room and the manner in which your concern was handled. We will look into the issue you mentioned and share your comments with our managers. We hope that one day you will allow us the chance to welcome you back and provide you with an experience that exceeds your expectations.
South Carolina
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I've posted a review previously in 2008, but that was five years ago, which is forever in the hotel industry. I've stayed here many times since so wanted to post an updated review.

What you would expect from a Marriott hotel. Nice room, very comfortable bed, decent exercise room. But, also no free breakfast, no free phone or free high speed internet (although they do offer free wireless to Elite Marriott Rewards members).

The majority of the rooms are outside rooms. Yes, some rooms, maybe 10%, open to the Atrium, but not the majority. I've had an atrium room on a previous visit and they can be quite loud.

This hotel is dated, but it's still clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are quieter, but the afternoon sun can make the room warmer.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ModerationForMe
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your insights regarding our accommodations and amenities at the Houston Marriott Westchase. It was nice to read your review and learn that our guest rooms, beds, and fitness room are all things you continually enjoy while staying with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated although we would like to let you and everyone know that our hotel is currently undergoing renovations which will update and refresh our look. Thank you again for you review, we hope to welcome you back soon.
Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The hotel is just your usual average Marriott hotel that I often stay at in the USA. I know people might wonder why only three stars. Well it is a good decent hotel but nothing spectacular. The location is not the best I have stayed at in Houston.
The staff were very friendly and were always quick to greet me with a smile when I walked past.
The room itself was okay, would be better with more plugs and the curtains did not close completely so I had to put the table to lean on it to try close it properly.
There is nothing wrong with this hotel but there is nothing spectacular.
An issue that I had in the morning was that I could hear the next person's TV and apparently they could hear my music through the walls.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your impressions of our property with us. We truly appreciate your praise for our staff; however, we were disappointed to learn that we could not fully impress you. Your feedback is appreciated. The next time you are visiting the area we hope that you will allow us the privilege of welcoming you back.
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Usual Marriott hotel, functional and efficient. Staff on reception could be a bit warmer but generally staff are nice. Had the room service and would recommend the baby back ribs, delicious! Internet Wi Fi strength is excellent too. Good gym and enough equipment even for the keenest keep fit fan. If you don't fancy eating in hotel there are loads of eateries within walking distance.the hotel provides a regular courtesy bus to The Galleria mall which is helpful. Would happily recommend this hotel for business. Did not use the business facilities but there seemed to be a lot of people who were.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank MARK O
Thank you very much for your review and recommendation of the Houston Marriott Westchase. We are delighted that you enjoyed our hotel and the amenities we offer. We provide a wide range of services and benefits for the business traveler as well as those visiting us for leisure. The next time you are visiting the area we hope that you will allow us the honor of welcoming you back.