“Excelent Hotel”

Ranked #120 of 504 Hotels in Houston
San Antonio, Texas
“Excelent Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

excellent hotel. I was one night in this hotel, very pleasant experience, is a new hotel, everything works. Pay breakfast, but very good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Houston Marriott Westchase for your recent stay in the area. We’re pleased that your accommodations and dining experience fully impressed you and we appreciate your kind comments. Please visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great lobby area, nice gym and pool, kind of small, but clean and everything works. Very clean, quiet and comfortable. Good service in the restaurant, and the hotel staff is very nice and helpful.
I was on a business trip, and the hotel is very accomodating to business travelers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Whether you are traveling for business or for leisure, the Houston Marriott Westchase offers guests comfortable accommodations with high-tech amenities to exceed their expectations. Thank you so much for your praise for our hotel and staff; it means a great deal to us to learn how much you enjoyed your stay. The next time you are in the area we hope that you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Great lobby - very nice rooms and free parking and free wifi. Good location - solid Marriott. Got it for 50 bux off priceline - great deal. Recommend this hotel especially if you get a sweet deal. The rooms and the gym were especially memorable and of high quality.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
It’s great to hear from our guests and learn that our location, accommodations, and amenities all fully met their needs. The Houston Marriott Westchase provides guests with a full service health & fitness center on our property which includes not only free weights but also cardiovascular equipment so that you can still get in your workout when away from home. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will return soon.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel countless times over the last 6-7 years. There used to be two problems for me.
1) The atrium area was dated and felt dirty.
2) The internet was terrible / spotty.

Well after 37 hours of travel from Perth (yes 37) I was very pleased to see that the old dated atrium area had been renovated with a new beautiful lounge area and restaurant.

I then fell on the very comfortable bed and pulled my trusty laptop out and prayed (I am shut down without wifi/internet). The internet quality was outstanding.

Breakfast was included with my corporate rate and included a decent buffet with fresh fruit, biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausage etc, juice, really bad coffee, and an excellent omelette station.

The rooms are good though I think the bathrooms probably could use an update. The air conditioning is excellent and silent. I'll continue to stay here when doing business in the Westchase Area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Your kind review is sincerely appreciated and we’re thrilled that the recent updates to our hotel helped to make your stay at the Houston Marriott Westchase enjoyable. Our guests are our top priority and reading your review made us all smile after learning that the concerns you had prior to this last visit were no longer an issue. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area. Thank you.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed for one night here in a two double bedroom. The front desk staff got the job done but wasn't pleasant to deal with. The room was fine, no real problems on that front.

I ordered room service for breakfast, and was satisfied. It arrived promptly and tasted good.

I think in my overall experience with the hotel, it accomplished what it needed to. There was nothing special that stuck out with amenities or level of customer service. So based on the price, unless you need to stay in this location I would recommend staying somewhere closer to the Galleria area just down Westheimer. There are many fine hotels that will provide updated facilities and much better customer service for the money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Hearing from our guests, positive or otherwise, gives us the ability to continually improve the experience for future guests and for that we are grateful. It is disappointing to learn that although your recent stay with us was satisfactory, we were not able to fully impress you. Thank you for taking the time to share your review; we hope to have an opportunity in the future to welcome you back.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

AWFUL MARRIOTT-not the usual MARRIOTT STANDARDS, one would expect.

A two night trip for business.
Several room complaints. Old, tired, dirty rooms.
No tolietries in the bathroom upon arrival.
The a/c was my biggest nightmare, very noisy, very very cold and WOULD NOT TURN OFF. A very atiquated a/c system. In February why one needs A/C on full, and uncontrolable by guests at their choice, beats me.
As a european, I do not rely on a/c all year round,and deteste sleeping with it on. I appreciate Texas mainly only see's hot and humid climate, but in February, it was as cold as europe.
I reported the a/c to a room maid who was in the corridor, I was given a blank expression of confussion as the english language was to understand. Instead I had to drag the person in to point.
Several hours past and an engineer did not appear, and the toliet items also never appeared.

At bedtime I found my room lights did not work.

All of the above were reported to the reception manager the next day. I was informed nothing cold be done to the a/c.

Nothing was addressed. I left the hotel, with extremley painful sinus issue, due to the uncontrolable a/c.
The staff are unhelpful, dreadful undertanding of the english language, however spanish is a bonus.
A dirty, shabby, poor looking hotel.
No reconigtion of being a marriott loyal customer.
Not a care in the world to my room complaints or any service recovery to rectify.
This is an extremley poor below standard Marriott.
I've recieved better service and room standards on a highway, hostal for the night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Bo180310
It is definitely disappointing to learn that during your recent stay you faced so many challenges, and for that we deeply apologize. Your experience is certainly not typical of what we want our guests to encounter and wish that we could have created a better experience for you. Feedback from our guests is truly appreciated as it gives us the opportunity to continuously improve upon our services. Thank you for your review.
Houston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms, good wifi. Front desk not too helpful. When I asked for some toiletries they said they had given them out for the day. Same with the second day. There was a hole in my pillow sheet. The water in the shower doesn't drain until the tub is about 1/5 full of water. I tried two rooms and both were like this. Plenty of free parking. Good water pressure. I'd go back again, but compared to other Marriotts this one is nothing special.

Stayed March 2013
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
While we are glad to know you enjoyed the cleanliness of your room, the quality of the Wi-Fi and the water pressure; it is certainly disappointing to learn that your expectations were not met in every way. We value you as a guest and we will share your comments with our management team so we can continue to improve. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon and exceed your expectations in every way. Thank you.