Houston Marriott Westchase
$209
$181
$161
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$99
$149
$105
galahotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsthe concierge loungeindoor outdoor poolwestchase areabusiness tripbreakfast buffetan updatewest sideeasy accesslobby areafront desk staffbusiness centerfitness centerself parkingatriumconventionbeltwayrenovation
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed at the Marriott Westchase for the first time. The hotel was beautiful and the rooms were quiet, clean and comfortable. They offered free in room wifi and there breakfast on the concierge floor offered good variety. Check in was smooth and the staff was friendly. This hotel is located close to a lot of food establishments and only a short drive from the famous Galleria mall. Boy what a mall. I will definitely stay at this location again if I am in Houston.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

We are delighted that your recent stay at the Houston Marriott Westchase was such a great experience. Our hotel is located just minutes from the Uptown/Galleria area where guests can enjoy some of the country's finest shopping and dining. We do hope your return to Houston will be soon as we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed here on business whilst in Houston and was very impressed with the hotel. It has a charm about it that is not modern, but is still a very nice place to stay. The glass lifts (elevators) are a thing of beauty and the huge lobby is a nice place to chill out.

The room itself was the usual standard I expect from Marriott, clean, tidy, all of the amenities you would really want. Could have slept 4 people in this room, but I was fortunate to have it all to myself. Breakfast if you paying for it is not cheap - about $20, but I was fortunate to use the exec lounge on the top floor where a nice buffet style breakfast is arranged for you.

The restaurant is reasonable. We generally ate outside of the hotel most nights are there are plenty of places on the doorstep in walking distance. Westchase is a good area - it's not downtown, but I think that is a good thing as downtown was not really a nice place to be. There's plenty of places local here to not need to venture too far out.

Room Tip: Get a Marriott account and set your preferences accordingly for your bookings
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

The Houston Marriott Westchase Hotel is conveniently located in the rapidly growing Westchase Business District and just minutes from the Uptown/Galleria area. We are thrilled that you chose to stay with us during your recent business trip to Houston and that your accommodations met your expectations. We hope that you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

OK, the hotel is not built yesterday. It is old-ish and probably due for renovation. But with that said it is still nice and service is good.

The room was big with decent size bathroom, and separate sitting room. It was a nice upgrade, but way to big for one person. It was clean and with plenty of light and windows, which could not be opened.

The lounge is well served with food and drinks, but got a little crowded in the mornings.
The Gym is divided in two, one with free weights and one with cardio etc. It works and there is lots of equipment. The pool is an inside/outside type and looks very cool.

The restaurant is in the lobby area, and serves breakfast in the weekends. Very good service and good selection on the breakfast buffet.

Parking is free, uncovered and unsupervised. So do not leave your belongings in the car. Judging by the strange sc-fi looking security cameras mounted, there have probably been some problems in the past.

There was one odd thing though, for some reason the cleaners chose to ignore my room for the weekend, so when i got back in the afternoon they had to clean my room while I was waiting. It happened twice and the house keeping could give no reason.

I would stay there again, but if newer design is a must there are other nice hotels in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your impressions of the Houston Marriott Westchase. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate that you have mentioned some of the amenities available at our hotel such as our fitness center and breakfast buffet. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with regard to housekeeping, we will share your comments with management. Please visit us again as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I purchased a living social deal for this hotel and was very pleased with my choice. The hotel itself is in a good location. Right off of Westheimer and close to the tollway. Check in was easy and we were off to our room in no time. We stayed in room # 351 which was on the end of the hall. I liked that because that meant we would not have too much foot traffic outside our door.

The first thing we did after checking in and getting settled was go down to the pool area. I liked the fact that this hotel has an outdoor pool and it is connected to an indoor pool via a swim under wall. It was pretty crowded in the outside portion, but my wife and I were the only ones in the indoor area. The water was a little cooler in there with no direct sun to warm it, but not so bad that you could not swim in it. The closer you were to the outside part, the warmer the water felt. We also enjoyed a dip in their hot tub. Nice and relaxing and being the only ones there, we were able to relax an unwind. Exactly what I needed to get me refreshed and ready to go.

The room itself was clean if a little outdated. This hotel could definitely use some updating, but it was not too bad. Everything worked and we had no issues with anything in the room. Water pressure was good, a/c worked great and kept us nice and cool. The bed, as at all Marriott hotels I have stayed in, was really comfortable. We both slept great and woke up feeling rejuvenated.

As part of our deal, we received vouchers for 2 free breakfasts in the hotel restaurant. It was a buffet which was great. There was an omelet station where you could order your omelet any way you wanted. The buffet also featured bacon, sausage, grits, biscuits, gravy, breakfast potatoes, make your own waffles, a huge fruit selection and various pastries to choose from. You also received both coffee and juice with your meal. This was a great way to start the day and I am happy this was free with our package.

I would stay here again if in the area. There was a large convention going on while we were there, but it was held in the back of the hotel and did not take away from our visit. I think they host a lot of these at this location. The parking lot was always very full and it did not seem like there were that many guests so I assume majority of them were convention goers. I recommend this hotel and will be back again in the future

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Your recommendation and review for the Houston Marriott Westchase is greatly appreciated. Our hotel does offer a variety of amenities for our guests including a full service health & fitness center and indoor/outdoor pool. We're so glad you and your wife were able to relax and unwind in the water, get a great night's sleep and enjoy the bountiful selection breakfast foods at the buffet. We hope that you will return to the Houston area soon and that you allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Nice hotel. Can't beat the widely available parking, near all sorts of great places to checkout, and very friendly staff. Only negative is an outdated lounge (it did look like they were about to start construction, so maybe update the lounge?), and weak internet TV quality. Obviously I find those important, but very nice hotel overall. I do have to comment on the nice music in the lobby and happy hour. Music reminded me of W hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your review. While we were happy to learn that you enjoyed our location in addition to the friendly service provided at the Houston Marriott Westchase, we do regret that you were unhappy with the quality of internet service. We do hope that that any inconveniences were minimal and that we can welcome you back again soon.