“Over all a really safe bet for long term stay”

Houston Marriott Westchase
Ranked #115 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have been at this location for weeks now. The staff is VERY friendly. They are booked solid for months and they handle it with ease. If anyone has to stay here for a long period of time a tip is that there are laundry rooms where you can wash your own clothes for three dollars (quearters). I have had clothes even tailored by them and it was fine. (note they did lose an item of my coworkers). If you stay here ask for a room away from the atrium- the music doesnt shut off until 11pm ish so if you need to sleep early this doesnt help. Also they have an omelette bar in the AM and grab a regular menu from downstairs because as at most hotels, the menu is more varied than the one in the room you just have to ask when you order room service. Walk to the empanada house across the street - amazing

Room Tip: grb a room not facing the atrium for a little more quiet
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your perspective with us. While we offer a variety of room types for our guests, our website is the best option when determining which room best meets your needs. Your feedback and suggestions for current and future guests is appreciated. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back the Houston Marriott Westchase again soon.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

One of the few hotels that across the board, the staff was very pleasant to deal with. Everyone, the restaurant, the bar, the coffee shop, all were all very polite and had a great attitude. The only thing I had an issue with was the wifi signal, I couldn't get one in my room and I was in the main part of the building. I raised this with the manager and he offered to move my room and that he would address this with his GM. That's the response I'm looking for. As a side note with the wifi, when I was in the bar with a signal, it was the fastest hotel wifi I've seen. I told them they spent money for a good system, just need to put the antennas where people can get to them.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

We can't thank you enough for your kind comments regarding the staff as this is the experience we strive to deliver all of our guests at the Houston Marriott Westchase. We truly regret any inconvenience you may have experienced with the Wi-Fi connection and appreciate you bringing it to our attention so we could address it immediately. Thank you for sharing your perspective with us and we look forward to having you visit again soon.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Some of the hotel still needs a bit of updating but only a well traveled Marriott jockey would notice this.

Beds are about a 7 compared to a jw Marriott which would be a 9.5.
Concierge lounge has a hot breakfast with eggs and bacon, not just cereal.

Parking is free but there's an ominous looking un-manned security beacon with about 10 cameras mounted in every direction implying they must have had problems with vehicle breaks ins.

The windows in the rooms have large perches outside enabling birds to congregate and poop and peck on the glass. This actually woke me up. Not sure how common this is but the bird waste was pretty think implying it's not that uncommon.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

We sincerely value your comments outlining the observations you made while staying with us. Our parking lot is well monitored as a service to our guests so that they can be confident that their vehicle is safe and secure while enjoying their visit. We're delighted the hot breakfast options in the concierge lounge were appreciated and hope that the next time you are in the area you will once again stay with us.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

check in time very attractive as rooms were available. check in clerks were friendly; able to optain change at counter; excellent restaurant and bar available; room was clean with king size bed that was very confortable; many restaurants and shopping places were within walking distance; Check out time was noon and again clerks were friendly;

Room Tip: if you need to check it early, they are flexible;
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gilopt

Thank you for staying at the Houston Marriott Westchase and sharing your experience with us here. We were very happy to learn that from check-in to check-out, your stay was enjoyable and stress free. The next time you are in the Houston area, we hope that you will allow us the pleasure of once again welcoming you to our hotel.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This Hotel is outstanding in every way. Clean, modern, & beautiful. Our room was on the 7th floor with a great view of the western skyline. The view from our floor down into the main lobby is great. The buffet breakfast was equally superb. I would highly recommend this quality Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank George A
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you very much for your glowing review and recommendation of the Houston Marriott Westchase. We are thrilled that your recent stay with us was one in which you enjoyed a delicious breakfast and the fantastic view of the western skyline. We hope that the next time you are in Houston; you will once again allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

The overall review would be good but the hotel is in need of a makeover. As other guests have mentioned it has a dated feel to the whole hotel. I would guess that this hotel was an Embassy Suites or something else before this Marriott and that was the last time any significant work had been done.

Staff was very pleasant and helpful when I needed assistance. Most of my time was spent at business meetings though. I found the hotel to be quiet and comfortable. A typical Marriott.

Good location due to it's proximity to a Chili's restaurant, Starbucks, Outback Steakhouse, and Italian restaurants. There is a Kroger supermarket within walking distance, but my room did not offer a refrigerator.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank NJ4Beatles
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you for your review of the Houston Marriott Westchase and your kind remarks about our staff. It is always our top priority to assist our guests whenever we can to create the best possible experience for them. We were thrilled to find out that you enjoyed our location as well with its close proximity to many of the area restaurants. The next time you are in Houston, we hope that you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Our family decided to take a trip to Houston and stayed at a hotel instead of at friends to avoid trouble. The hotel rooms are roomy and clean. Beds are big and comfortable. There were plenty of pillows on them, which we like. The showers are extremely clean. Together we used at least 20 towels between 4 people because we were constantly in and out of the water, which didn't create any problem for us. Amenities are nice with a large pool that is part indoors and part outdoors and a fairly well-equipped gym. The lack of free wi-fi in the rooms didn't bother me, but I'm sure it'll bother others. We got it with Marriott rewards and we didn't even use it. We also got free breakfast, and I thought it was a really good breakfast with crepes, smoked salmon, and tuna. They have been more than generous for giving us 4 breakfast vouchers when we only booked one room. I wouldn't pay $11 ea for it though.

Now moving to service where I knocked off one star. The stay would be perfect if we didn't interact with the wait staff. Our waitress was not attentive and borderline rude. We got nothing but a sarcastic tone every time we asked for something. It took her forever to get drinks to us. She also asked us numerous times to see our breakfast voucher within 5 minutes (I already showed it to them when we walked in and when our waitress first asked for it). At the conclusion of breakfast, they print out a bill for us, which can be paid by a method of payment or a breakfast voucher (also to be used as a guideline to tip I'm guessing). This is why I don't understand the necessity of interrupting us during our meal to see the voucher numerous times! If I didn't have a voucher, I'll just pay the bill! The rest of the staff was fantastic though!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Houston Marriott Westchase on your recent trip to Houston. Although it’s great to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast selections, I’m sorry to hear that the service was not as positive. I will forward your comments to the management team so that we may continue to improve our service. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again the next time you are in the area.