“Optimist Vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #126 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Pflugerville, Texas
“Optimist Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

check in time very attractive as rooms were available. check in clerks were friendly; able to optain change at counter; excellent restaurant and bar available; room was clean with king size bed that was very confortable; many restaurants and shopping places were within walking distance; Check out time was noon and again clerks were friendly;

Room Tip: if you need to check it early, they are flexible;
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gilopt
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Houston Marriott Westchase and sharing your experience with us here. We were very happy to learn that from check-in to check-out, your stay was enjoyable and stress free. The next time you are in the Houston area, we hope that you will allow us the pleasure of once again welcoming you to our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

This Hotel is outstanding in every way. Clean, modern, & beautiful. Our room was on the 7th floor with a great view of the western skyline. The view from our floor down into the main lobby is great. The buffet breakfast was equally superb. I would highly recommend this quality Hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank George A
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you very much for your glowing review and recommendation of the Houston Marriott Westchase. We are thrilled that your recent stay with us was one in which you enjoyed a delicious breakfast and the fantastic view of the western skyline. We hope that the next time you are in Houston; you will once again allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back.
East Brunswick, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

The overall review would be good but the hotel is in need of a makeover. As other guests have mentioned it has a dated feel to the whole hotel. I would guess that this hotel was an Embassy Suites or something else before this Marriott and that was the last time any significant work had been done.

Staff was very pleasant and helpful when I needed assistance. Most of my time was spent at business meetings though. I found the hotel to be quiet and comfortable. A typical Marriott.

Good location due to it's proximity to a Chili's restaurant, Starbucks, Outback Steakhouse, and Italian restaurants. There is a Kroger supermarket within walking distance, but my room did not offer a refrigerator.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NJ4Beatles
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for your review of the Houston Marriott Westchase and your kind remarks about our staff. It is always our top priority to assist our guests whenever we can to create the best possible experience for them. We were thrilled to find out that you enjoyed our location as well with its close proximity to many of the area restaurants. The next time you are in Houston, we hope that you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back again.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Our family decided to take a trip to Houston and stayed at a hotel instead of at friends to avoid trouble. The hotel rooms are roomy and clean. Beds are big and comfortable. There were plenty of pillows on them, which we like. The showers are extremely clean. Together we used at least 20 towels between 4 people because we were constantly in and out of the water, which didn't create any problem for us. Amenities are nice with a large pool that is part indoors and part outdoors and a fairly well-equipped gym. The lack of free wi-fi in the rooms didn't bother me, but I'm sure it'll bother others. We got it with Marriott rewards and we didn't even use it. We also got free breakfast, and I thought it was a really good breakfast with crepes, smoked salmon, and tuna. They have been more than generous for giving us 4 breakfast vouchers when we only booked one room. I wouldn't pay $11 ea for it though.

Now moving to service where I knocked off one star. The stay would be perfect if we didn't interact with the wait staff. Our waitress was not attentive and borderline rude. We got nothing but a sarcastic tone every time we asked for something. It took her forever to get drinks to us. She also asked us numerous times to see our breakfast voucher within 5 minutes (I already showed it to them when we walked in and when our waitress first asked for it). At the conclusion of breakfast, they print out a bill for us, which can be paid by a method of payment or a breakfast voucher (also to be used as a guideline to tip I'm guessing). This is why I don't understand the necessity of interrupting us during our meal to see the voucher numerous times! If I didn't have a voucher, I'll just pay the bill! The rest of the staff was fantastic though!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Houston Marriott Westchase on your recent trip to Houston. Although it’s great to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast selections, I’m sorry to hear that the service was not as positive. I will forward your comments to the management team so that we may continue to improve our service. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again the next time you are in the area.
Boston, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed at the Marriott Westchase for a conference/camp during June of 2012. Overall, I had a very nice experience at the hotel. First, the rooms were in great shape. It is what you would expect from a Marriott - comfortable beds and nice toiletries. The housekeeping staff was also quite friendly and cleaned the rooms promptly. Regarding the amenities, the hotel has a nice indoor/outdoor pool and a fairly extensive fitness center.

My only complaints would be the food. I will not we used catering, but the food was rather simple and bland and often ran out. The staff were friendly about it, but the problem did not improve over the week.

If I was back in the area, I would stay here again

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
We're so glad that your stay with us for the conference in June was such a nice experience. At the Houston Marriott Westchase we do, as you mentioned, have an indoor/outdoor connecting pool and a fitness center with cardiovascular equipment and free weights for our guests to use; we hope you had the chance to enjoy them while you were here. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in Houston. Thank you for your review.
Great Britain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is an old Marriott Hotel, décor is right out of the 80s and in desperate need of a makeover, a bit dark & dingy, but not dirty.

Location; good and ideal for my business trip to a local company

Reception; open plan with a coffee bar and restaurant. Reception staff pleasant, efficient and helpful, I had no issues at all, they could not have done any more.

Staff; I found them all good and very helpful

Concierge lounge; I stayed in a Concierge level room, using the lounge for evening snacks and breakfast, so didn’t use the restaurant and can’t comment. The lounge was very nice, quite reasonable food, could do with more low fat choice other than just fruit. Honesty bar with plenty of choice. Plenty of soft seating, (sofas, single armchairs and coffeee tables), also tables & chairs for two for dining.

There is a computer and printer in the lounge in an alcove which is very useful. Printer ran out of toner, but the lounge manager allowed me to use her printer, as I mentioned previously, the staff go the extra mile.

Room; bog standard Marriott room layout, bedding and toiletries. Bed is Marriott comfortable, so no complaints. All clean & tidy, just old and dated. The toilet cistern ran all night, I didn’t bother with maintenance as I had travelled for 20 hours and just wanted to crash out, I slept well regardless.

Internet connection; Reception staff gave me log-in and password details when I checked in. I used the hard wired connection in the room and in the Business Area of the Concierge
Lounge. Bandwidth very good, there was a slight hiccup due to a major thunder storm, but outage was only a couple of minutes.

Business facilities on ground floor; I wanted to print some sheets in colour, so went downstairs to the business suite. Unfortunately they could only print in black & white, same as the Concierge Lounge. Marriott, could you get a colour printer installed somewhere, preferably with A3 capability, they cost so little?

Conclusion; a well-run hotel, nice and helpful staff, it’s not the the staff's fault Marriott doesn’t update the décor. It was a wise decision to use the Concierge Lounge as it provided a haven of tranquillity and enabled me to hold a meeting and work while there. Plenty of taxis, but why won’t the taxi drivers pull up under the canopy when there is heavy rain, I got soaked?

Room Tip: Use the Concierge Lounge which includes evening finger buffet, all day refreshments & breakfast...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing the Houston Marriott Westchase during your recent business trip to the area. We're delighted that you found that our staff was so helpful and that our business facilities fit your needs. The suggestions and opinions of our guests are highly valued and we will pass along your ideas to our management team. Whether it is for business or for leisure, we hope that we can welcome you back again soon!
College Station, Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is a great Marriott hotel. I have stayed here over 130 nights in the last couple years. It has always been a great hotel and the staff is fantastic. James in the Front Office is the best in Houston and very welcoming. Mo the lead "conceirge" is also terrific. The parking is easy and several great restaurants in the area within walking distance. The food and bar the hotel are also very good. The indoor/outdoor pool and spa are also great.The only negative is wifi is spotty in the rooms. The conceirge lounge is also awesome and large. I will continue staying here as my travels take me back to Houston.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you very much for being such a loyal guest of the Houston Marriott Westchase. We're thrilled that we have been able to continually provide you with the great service you expect from the Marriott brand. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again and again whenever your travels bring you to Houston.