“Great signature cocktails and food!”
Review of Beaver's

Beaver's
Ranked #591 of 8,243 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Washington Ave./ Memorial Park
Houston, Texas, United States
“Great signature cocktails and food!”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Beaver's is very casual but don't let that fool you. The food is kind of tex-mex comfort, but inventive and well put together. The portions are HUGE so beware! The queso "knocked up" (which is queso with bbq brisket on top!) is delicious and comes with house made tortilla chips, corn and flour. The fried green tomato salad with goat cheese and red pepper dressing was incredible! The sandwiches and burgers are huge and can easily feed two people. The signature cocktail menu is great. Love the Petal to the Metal, the Paloma Piquin (spicy!), Gin n Jam, and the Beaver Mary. All the cocktails are handcrafted with premium spirits! The service is very casual and friendly. The waitpeople know the food and cocktail menu inside and out and are very good with making suggestions if you feel like venturing out and trying something new. They have an outdoor patio, as well as ample seating inside. If you are looking for a great place with casual atmosphere, fun, great food and cocktails, great service then look no further! Oh yeah, they have Speak Easy and the drinks are $5. Can't beat that!

• Visited June 2012

San Antonio, Texas
“Heaven between two slices of toast...”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Came here with my mother and husband. I had the Meatloaf Sandwich, my mother had the Chicken Fried Chicken and my husband had the Pastrami Sandwich (not on the menu yet). I've never had Pastrami before and the chef was good enough to let me sample some. It was like a combination of brisket and bacon.

We argued over whose sandwich was better, and we decided it was a three way tie.

Excellent cocktails. We will be back.

• Visited July 2012
houston
“Great food!”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I've been waiting to go to Beaver's for a long time and I finally got the chance last week. Me and my boyfriend went on a Tuesday night and were seated in the bar area so we could watch the NBA Finals on the TV. After hearing so many good things about the food, I had a hard time ordering something but I did want to try their Chipotle Sweet Potato Salad. I ended up getting the Texas Sliders, which on that day was sausage and brisket, with a side of the potato salad. My boyfriend ordered the Chicken Fried Chicken. When we got our plates, both of them looked sooo good! I didn't like the potato salad because it was too spicy for me but my boyfriend switched his mashed potatoes with me since he loves spicy foods. The BBQ was delicious and his chicken (the size of it was huge!) was delicious as well. They serve big portions so the price is worth it. Our total dinner bill was under $30. They change their specials often so you can try different meats and dishes. My only complaint was that it was freezing where we were sitting. Other than that, we had a great time and must come back for happy hour. Their happy hour menu looked very interesting!

• Visited June 2012
Houston, Texas
“Great atmosphere, delicious food”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

A uniquely Houston mix of Gulf Coast, down-home Southern comfort, and farmers-market fresh fare. Great place to check out if visiting Houston! Beaver's nut burger is the best "veggie" burger in town.

• Visited April 2012
Clearwater, Florida
“Great comfort food for all types”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Loved the food! I got the Beaver Nut Burger and my companion got the chicken bbq sandwich and we loved it all. We started with the shrimp appetizer and the beer and non-alcoholic sodas are also good. Reasonably priced, delicious food, in a great atmosphere. I wish I lived there and could go back for more.

Visited March 2012