“My favorite restaurant in Houston”
Review of Mezza Grille

Mezza Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Mezza Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 8,548 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Healthy, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Since opening our doors in 2005, Mezza Grille excels at pleasing our guest's taste buds with a unique fusion of flavors, steakhouse favorites, and fresh seafood. Whether enjoying lunch or dinner, our guests always leave satisfied and craving more! How do we know? Mezza Grille perennially ranks among the top restaurants in Houston with stellar reviews on Yelp, TripAdvisor, and OpenTable. We're open for lunch and dinner seven days a week offering the best steak and prime beef in Houston, fresh Gulf seafood, healthy choices and an extensive wine selection to pair with your meal. Mezza Grille also offers private dining rooms to help celebrate your special occasions such as a wedding, birthday or company event. Or we can bring the food to you with our catering service.
Reviewed March 12, 2011

I've been going to Cafe Mezza regularly with family and co-workers for about 3 years now, and everyone has always loved it. It's nice without being pretentious, and the services is always attentive. The food is phenomenal, and consistently so. Their pastas are fantastic, and they have excellent sandwiches and soups, and a superb burger. Also home to my favorite dessert anywhere -- white chocolate bread pudding. I'm a bread pudding junkie -- and I'm not sure I'd really call this bread pudding -- but it's indescribably good. All very fairly priced considering the quality.

11  Thank Marc T

Reviewed February 23, 2011

This is a very great place to dine. We have been going there since we were engaged more than two years ago and have not bothered to try any other places. The place is clean and inviting. The staff is great and above all the food is simply great. Led by Chef Mke, food quality has been always consistent without any flaws. The food is a bit pricy, but is worth the money. I would recommend it all the way.

10  Thank samjabo
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I love this place. The menu is huge, varied and reasonably priced.

I dine here often and it's become the standard for where I go with people from out of town. I've taken young friends and people my parents age here and everyone loves it. A colleague recently came into town & asked if we could go to that chicken place again.

OK, I'll admit that their hummus is ordinary. But, I love their chicken kabobs (Shish Tawook) & the roasted red pepper dip. When I started going here, I would get the mixed grill kabobs, but I realized that I preferred their chicken to the filet mignon. It's that good! My Dad recently ordered the Lamb & it was fanatstic. Good enough that I might get that instead of their chicken.

Service is good, but more than that, they are amazingly accomodating. I'm not a huge fan of white rice, so they allow me to substitute au gratin potatoes instead, with no attitude! A friend who is diabetic was allowed to have extra grilled veggies.

This is a very nice restaurant with excellent food, good staff, and decent prices. A rare combination these days.

8  Thank Houston_TX_Krista
Reviewed July 8, 2010

I have been a patron of this cafe for a while and all I can say is they keep getting better and better. Their wait staff is very attentive and their portions are huge without the huge pricetag. You have an array of choices from soups,salads,sandwiches and grilled items. My personal fave is the Mixed Grill. You get a skewer of chicken breast kabob.a skewer of filet mignon kabob and a ground beef skewer. It also comes with rice and veggies. This platter is big enough for two. Try to save room for dessert they have the best White Chocolate Bread Pudding in town.

8  Thank guerra73
Reviewed April 14, 2010

When we heard the smooth jazz blaring from outside the restaurant, we should have known better. There were some good points about the food - the red pepper dip and hummus were quite tasty - however, much of the menu was overpriced. The bartender gave me a weak pour on the glass of wine I ordered, and I almost sent it back to ask for more. The waitstaff was overly attentive and had an air of desperation. A few words of advice - kill the smooth jazz, lower your prices, and get the waitstaff to cool it a little bit. The food is decent, though I can't imagine being a repeat customer here.

3  Thank belkissa