“Great place for our rehearsal dinner!”
Review of Mezza Grille

Mezza Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Mezza Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 8,898 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Healthy, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Since opening our doors in 2005, Mezza Grille excels at pleasing our guest's taste buds with a unique fusion of flavors, steakhouse favorites, and fresh seafood. Whether enjoying lunch or dinner, our guests always leave satisfied and craving more! How do we know? Mezza Grille perennially ranks among the top restaurants in Houston with stellar reviews on Yelp, TripAdvisor, and OpenTable. We're open for lunch and dinner seven days a week offering the best steak and prime beef in Houston, fresh Gulf seafood, healthy choices and an extensive wine selection to pair with your meal. Mezza Grille also offers private dining rooms to help celebrate your special occasions such as a wedding, birthday or company event. Or we can bring the food to you with our catering service. *Note: No split plates allowed. Absolutely NO outside food (including desserts) or drinks allowed!
Reviewed May 28, 2016

As the mother of the groom, I needed to find a great place for the rehearsal dinner, but I'm not from Houston. I wanted a place near the wedding venue and our hotel in the Galleria area. I wanted a private room, and I needed a reasonable price given the size of the guest list (62!) Using online resources and reviews, I found Mezza Grille. It turned out to be exactly what I was looking for. My son, his fiance and her mom were able to check it out with a visit and confirm my choice ahead of time. Stephanie was easy to work with via email and phone calls, and she had everything in place when we arrived. The food was delicious. Overall, I got exactly what I was looking for. If I lived in Houston, I would visit this restaurant with smaller groups because of the comfortable atmosphere and delicious food.

3  Thank CoKo56
Mike T, Owner at Mezza Grille, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2016

I am so glad that you enjoyed your dinner and we certainly enjoyed hosting your family's celebration! Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed May 21, 2016 via mobile

Great meal. Red pepper dip and eggplant appetizers fabulous. Lamb shanks excellent. Spicy lamb was rice was spicy and very good. Very reasonable.

3  Thank Gil F
Mike T, Owner at Mezza Grille, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2016

Thank you for the great review! We can't wait to see you again soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 21, 2016 via mobile

Went with a group of 8 people food and service FANTASTIC! Don't miss the mango chicken, and the desserts are beautifully presented. Warning servings are very large.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Mike T, Owner at Mezza Grille, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2016

Glad we could make your experience wonderful! We have another Mango Chicken waiting with your name on it!

Reviewed May 18, 2016 via mobile

I have gone a couple of times to this restaurant right before dinner. Normally 4 o'clock. It's very quiet in the restaurant but the food has been great. I have had the chicken parm which had a healthy portion of chicken that was tasty and a good amount of pasta. The sauce was good not too sweet. I have also had the turkey club - which I will have again. The fries are good too.

4  Thank SasiCasi311
Mike T, Owner at Mezza Grille, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2016

We can't wait to see you again! Thanks for the review!

Reviewed April 17, 2016

We met a friend here for lunch and we impressed. It was gorgeous day—perfect for enjoying their shady outside eating area.

We ordered iced tea and the refills were free flowing. It tasted fresh unlike a lot of places.
We ordered an unusual starter on the recommendation of our friend who'd visited many times: a side order of the scalloped potatoes. They were rich and delicious and a nice portion size to share as an app.

I ordered the Fatoosh salad which was so fresh and satisfying. It was chopped up parsley, tomatoes, cukes, other veggies and goat cheese, lightly dressed with olive oil/vinegar. It was a meal sized portion for lunch. They offered the option of topping it with other proteins (chicken, shrimp). It was a great value at $10.

Our friend ordered a shrimp taco that came on a huge platter with fresh cold slaw and the option of fruit or fries. It looked wonderful and he said it was tasty. My partner ordered the chicken tortilla soup which our friend had recommended. It did not disappoint—very good. He also had a Caesar salad which was so-so, but it was the only item that was wonderful.

Overall everything was fresh. Service was attentive. Huge menu selection. Easy parking in the lot. Definitely a keeper!

3  Thank Houstonalle4food
Mike T, Owner at Mezza Grille, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2016

Thanks for the kind words! We can't wait for you to come back!