“Great food”
Review of Mezza Grille

Mezza Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Mezza Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #144 of 8,350 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Healthy, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: 12 years after the debut of one of the best restaurants in Houston, Mezza Grille continues to push the envelope of flavors, innovation & style. Chef-owner Mike Tibi's vision for upscale new American cuisine, in a relaxed atmosphere, continues to be a destination for Houston's foodie community! One taste and you'll know why our guests say Mezza Grille serves the tastiest menu at one of the best restaurants in Houston. Our expansive menu is the perfect fusion of steakhouse favorites, and New American cuisine. The creative use of extra virgin olive oil and Mediterranean herbs and spices gives a unique flavor profile to our fire-grilled prime beef ribeye, all-natural chicken, and fresh seafood dishes. Combine them with our fresh, organic produce selection, and you get dishes so rich and savory it's easy to forget you're eating healthy! Make sure you save room for one of our delicious desserts! They're to die for! Our promise to you: fresh, clean, healthy, delicious meals made with lots of love, best & freshest ingredients available in the market with absolutely NO MSG's or any preservatives. Join us today for Lunch, Dinner or Happy Hour & experience an exquisite fusion of flavor!
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

enjoyed the food was really good great atmosphere as well I ordered the spicy pastrami sandwich and it filled me up

8  Thank DMiller32

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for a late meal and was surprised they would still be able to seat is at 9 pm on a Sunday night. They were efficient! The food was fresh and healthy looking, which is what I was looking for. Best part was they serve Pepsi products!

5  Thank corrc7131
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I discovered this place about a couple of years ago, and I could not be happier I did. The setting is not the most charming one -- an uninspired strip mall, like the hundreds you'll find in Houston. However, you can tell the owners have made an effort to put a little more soul into their little corner. They make do with what they've got going.

The first thing that stands out in the food department is most certainly the pita chips, which are baked with some sort of cheese on it and come with olive oil and spice. They'll glorious. Beware, you might end up filling yourself up off of those.

There's an array of delectable main courses to choose from. I typically go for the beef bits with saffron rice and veggies. It is absolutely DELICIOUS. That saffron rice is some of the best I've ever had. I'm getting hungry and homesick just thinking about it.

Typically at least one person in my family also gets the mango chicken. I've had a taste, and it is absolutely glorious, too.

My dad's an incredibly difficult person to satisfy with food. He usually sticks to salads only at restaurants, and most of the time he doesn't like them. But he loves all the salads here.

All I can say is, I've been to this place with at least eight people several times, and not once has anyone said their plate was anything less than great. A true winner.

6  Thank Drew T
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Service was great, food was great. I am a veggie lover and had the grilled veg platter. Hubby meat lover had mixed grill. Both were super delicious.

5  Thank campcookie66
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

The crackers and oil at the beginning were fantastic. The wait staff was prompt and attentive, and had recommendations. I had a tilapia dish that was unbelievable and my wife had a pecan salmon salad that was very good. The desserts looked good but we were too full. The prices were a little high in my opinion, but that's what happens when you eat around the galleria.

3  Thank ClutchChemist