“Best Meal in 5 Years!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mezza Grille

Mezza Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Mezza Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #178 of 8,142 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 12 years after the debut of one of the best restaurants in Houston, Mezza Grille continues to push the envelope of flavors, innovation & style. Chef-owner Mike Tibi's vision for upscale new American cuisine, in a relaxed atmosphere, continues to be a destination for Houston's foodie community! One taste and you'll know why our guests say Mezza Grille serves the tastiest menu at one of the best restaurants in Houston. Our expansive menu is the perfect fusion of steakhouse favorites, and New American cuisine. The creative use of extra virgin olive oil and Mediterranean herbs and spices gives a unique flavor profile to our fire-grilled prime beef ribeye, all-natural chicken, and fresh seafood dishes. Combine them with our fresh, organic produce selection, and you get dishes so rich and savory it's easy to forget you're eating healthy! Make sure you save room for one of our delicious desserts! They're to die for! Our promise to you: fresh, clean, healthy, delicious meals made with lots of love, best & freshest ingredients available in the market with absolutely NO MSG's or any preservatives. Join us today for Lunch, Dinner or Happy Hour & experience an exquisite fusion of flavor!
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Meal in 5 Years!”
Reviewed June 1, 2011

This is first time I have ever written a restaurant review - the meal was so good I felt obligated to do this. I had the Peppered Ahi Tuna. I am a big fan of ahi tuna and this was the best version of it I have ever had. The presentation was something you would expect in a 5 star restaurant but the atmosphere is not pretentious. It was more than large enough and was a complete meal in itself as it came with grilled vegatables, shrimp, all over a bed of seasoned skillet potatoes. Very creative and the flavors were wonderful. I travel on business extensively and eat out alot - I can honestly say I can't remember when I had a better meal.

• Visited May 2011
8 Thank cjm1021

Houston, TX
“A WONDERFUL DINING EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed May 13, 2011

This is one of my very favorite places in Houston. The staff is happy and friendly and exptremely attentive. From the seasoned chips served with an amazing concoction of olive oil and spices to the entrees that were flavorful and beautifully presented, this place is simply exceptional. The booths are roomy and cozy and the lighting helps create the perfect setting for conversation and a relaxing meal. Salads are sensational and everything is prepared with fresh ingredients. The pizza is excellent: very thin whole wheat crust. Simply a great place to eat.

• Visited May 2011
10 Thank dailywalk
Midland, Texas
“My favorite restaurant in Houston”
Reviewed March 12, 2011

I've been going to Cafe Mezza regularly with family and co-workers for about 3 years now, and everyone has always loved it. It's nice without being pretentious, and the services is always attentive. The food is phenomenal, and consistently so. Their pastas are fantastic, and they have excellent sandwiches and soups, and a superb burger. Also home to my favorite dessert anywhere -- white chocolate bread pudding. I'm a bread pudding junkie -- and I'm not sure I'd really call this bread pudding -- but it's indescribably good. All very fairly priced considering the quality.

• Visited March 2011
11 Thank ingleberg
Houston, Texas
“Always Great”
Reviewed February 23, 2011

This is a very great place to dine. We have been going there since we were engaged more than two years ago and have not bothered to try any other places. The place is clean and inviting. The staff is great and above all the food is simply great. Led by Chef Mke, food quality has been always consistent without any flaws. The food is a bit pricy, but is worth the money. I would recommend it all the way.

• Visited February 2011
10 Thank samjabo
Houston, TX
“Love it, love it, love it!”
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I love this place. The menu is huge, varied and reasonably priced.

I dine here often and it's become the standard for where I go with people from out of town. I've taken young friends and people my parents age here and everyone loves it. A colleague recently came into town & asked if we could go to that chicken place again.

OK, I'll admit that their hummus is ordinary. But, I love their chicken kabobs (Shish Tawook) & the roasted red pepper dip. When I started going here, I would get the mixed grill kabobs, but I realized that I preferred their chicken to the filet mignon. It's that good! My Dad recently ordered the Lamb & it was fanatstic. Good enough that I might get that instead of their chicken.

Service is good, but more than that, they are amazingly accomodating. I'm not a huge fan of white rice, so they allow me to substitute au gratin potatoes instead, with no attitude! A friend who is diabetic was allowed to have extra grilled veggies.

This is a very nice restaurant with excellent food, good staff, and decent prices. A rare combination these days.

8 Thank Houston_TX_Krista