“Couples Massage”

The Petite Retreat
Ranked #1 of 70 Spas & Wellness in Houston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are a retreat known for our couples spa packages. We also have a gallery featuring beautiful pieces from local artists. Looking for something unique and relaxing to do? Come to our spa️ Voted Best Massage in Houston and featured on Channel 39 News as one of "The Hottest Things to do in Houston"
Reviewed April 18, 2018

We were very excited about all of the great reviews, however our experience was just ok.
The massage beds were very comfortable and warm as well the hot stone part of the treatment was excellent.

My as well as my husbands therapist both seemed to be junior therapists by technique. Mine focused a majority of time on my left arm of which had no need for this amount of time to be spent.

Would I go here again, maybe if the level of therapists improves, but for now no. There are too many other great options in the city. How they are ranked so high, I have no idea.

Date of experience: April 2018
Crysti1973, Manager at The Petite Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Thank you so much for your review. The therapist that worked on you is no longer with us. We appreciate all that take the time to give us feedback so that we can continue the standard of our excellence. We have expanded and relocated just down the street from our old location and would love the chance to show you why we have so many wonderful reviews. Please email us for a promotional special. tprheights@gmail.com

Reviewed February 21, 2018

Just took my husband here for a couple's message. BEST message ever. The atmosphere is wonderful, calming and relaxing. The host was most gracious, sweet and kind. We highly recommend this place for a message. If you have time do a message then a soak in the hot tub. What a great date!!

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

I visited here for the first time and have to say it was easily one of the best spa experiences I’ve ever had! I initially passed up the place because it was tucked away but it was easy enough to circle the block and come back around. The spa shares a lot with a coffeehouse and parking is in the back. They have designed parking spaces for the spa so you shouldn’t have an issue. I walked in through the back door as I wasn’t really sure where to go but figured it was okay as it was right by the parking spots (next time I’ll know to walk around to the front!). The receptionist who greeted me was nice enough about it. In fact, she offered really great service and was super nice. I was asked to fill out a short form and was offered a fruit cup and a drink (wine, mimosa, champagne) while I waited. I was taken back to the room, which was cozy. It also had an attached bathroom which was convenient and nice to have that privacy within my own massage room. Despite being located off Heights blvd, you couldn’t hear any traffic in the rooms. There was music and the sound of waves going which was just wonderful. Carmen gave me a one hour Swedish massage and it was perfect. The pressure was spot on and she focused on the problem areas I had listed on my form. I came out feeling so great and was already thinking about when I’d be back. I have found my new place for massages!

Date of experience: January 2018
2  Thank kathleenl183
Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

I received a gift certificate for a massage here a few months ago, but the location is about 30 minutes from my home so I didn’t use it right away. Wow, the drive was worth it! My massage therapist Iris used the perfect degree of pressure and aromatherapy. I will definitely be returning.

Date of experience: January 2018
See more reviews
Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I️ scheduled a one hour couples massage to celebrate our anniversary, and we were so happy we did! The facility is an adorable, quaint house in the heights that was converted to this business, and right next door is a cute coffee shop. The gentleman who checked us in was very warm and inviting, offering us fresh fruit and choice of beverage. The massage room was cozy and clean, and the massage therapists were wonderful. Just the right amount of pressure that I️ requested, and we left feeling relaxed and rejuvenated! I️ will definitely be recommending this place to friends!

Date of experience: November 2017