“Fun Time”

Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is one of the places I eat at once or more a week.. The Mexican Food is great. I like the Breakfast that can be ordered till 2pm on Saturday and Sunday. Has 2 patios and the crowds are fun and lively..They have several locations but this is my choice now...
Try their Ribs and Sausage ... Very good.

1  Thank ragusecastro

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

El tiempo has my favorite Mexican food in Houston. Have tried two of their locations and both are excellent

1  Thank nartx84
Reviewed May 1, 2012

On a recent work trip to Houston, the customer highly recommended 1308 Cantina. I had seen it the night before and kept on going. I went there for lunch and was kicking myself for having passed up the opportunity to eat there the previous evening! I had the Shrimp Enchilado Lunch Plate with the Marisco Cream Salsa. Our (wonderful) server recommended it...honestly, I think my eyes were glazed over from the pure enjoyment!!! LOL...that sounds silly but it's how much I enjoyed my meal there. I'll be back in Houston later this month and that'll be the first place I head when it's time to eat! Can't wait!

1  Thank RetaginTN
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Have been a fan of 1308 for years but the last few times there have been a disappointment. The food was unremarkable at best and service chaotic. The wine I ordered had "gone around the bend" some time ago, but they refused to take it off the bill.

Definitely this place is a scene. Perhaps it would be best just to stick with chips, beer and margaritas and go elsewhere for good Tex-Mex.

1  Thank muggletx
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Order the parilla for the table. HUGE amount of food - scale back the number you order for. Few remaining to serve margaritas by the pitcher. Spicy Tamales - LOTS of stuffing.
Use Valet on Weekends parking is tight. Prices are great. $$