“Wonderful Experience...can't wait to go back!”
Review of El Tiempo Cantina

El Tiempo Cantina
Ranked #143 of 8,206 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Nashville, Tennessee
“Wonderful Experience...can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

On a recent work trip to Houston, the customer highly recommended 1308 Cantina. I had seen it the night before and kept on going. I went there for lunch and was kicking myself for having passed up the opportunity to eat there the previous evening! I had the Shrimp Enchilado Lunch Plate with the Marisco Cream Salsa. Our (wonderful) server recommended it...honestly, I think my eyes were glazed over from the pure enjoyment!!! LOL...that sounds silly but it's how much I enjoyed my meal there. I'll be back in Houston later this month and that'll be the first place I head when it's time to eat! Can't wait!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank RetaginTN

Houston & Crested Butte
“Unexpected bad experience”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Have been a fan of 1308 for years but the last few times there have been a disappointment. The food was unremarkable at best and service chaotic. The wine I ordered had "gone around the bend" some time ago, but they refused to take it off the bill.

Definitely this place is a scene. Perhaps it would be best just to stick with chips, beer and margaritas and go elsewhere for good Tex-Mex.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank muggletx
Houston, Texas
“No better Fajitas or Tamales”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Order the parilla for the table. HUGE amount of food - scale back the number you order for. Few remaining to serve margaritas by the pitcher. Spicy Tamales - LOTS of stuffing.
Use Valet on Weekends parking is tight. Prices are great. $$

Visited February 2012
1 Thank RodeWearier
“Great place to meet friends for dinner and drinks.”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I was visiting and taken here by locals. It's one of their favorite Mexican places and I see why! I had the Vegas Sampler which had large portions and was very tasty. Great value.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank PaGuy16830
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Great spot!”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Really friendly staff, great food with huge portions, nicely dangerous margaritas!
All you could want from a neighborhood Mexican place. A definite favorite for many locals including us

Visited December 2011