“Give it a try”
Review of Kona Grill

Kona Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Kona Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #302 of 8,243 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Cross street: McCue
Description: Kona Grill was built on Exceptional Experiences and meals that create memories. Our global menu features contemporary American favorites, award-winning sushi, and specialty cocktails — all made from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. While the places that inspire our cuisine may be far away, a welcoming place that offers inspiring food, ultimate hospitality, and diverse choices is right around the corner.
Wildwood Crest, New Jersey
“Give it a try”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Ate here last night, the only reason it's not receiving a terrible rating is because of the manager, forgive me if I got your name wrong, Wei. Without a doubt one of the worst servers I've ever encountered, my dinner companion ordered a glass of wine and it took 20 mins and several requests to get it because our server was too busy shooting the breeze. Dinner arrived luke warm and that was probably because he forgot it was sitting in the kitchen, I requested salt from another worker because our server was no where to be found who inturn went to our server. Yet again a second request was made for the salt and I was told by our server it was coming, it's salt no preparation is necessary, you pick up the salt and bring it to the table this was a 15min process. We waited 35mins for two simple requests. The server decided to comp us a dessert, you've guessed it as we patiently waited for the dessert he forgot it. Then when he finally took the order, we ordered Red Velvet cake and when the order came we received a cupcake.

He did say he had a rough day, when I go out for dinner to get away from what's going on in my daily stressful life. I am not an insensitive person and I really do care about my fellow man but sometimes I need time to think about me and really don't want to hear about how rough the day was for the waiter, I can pick up take out and stay home in that case. He asked me why I didn't tell him the food was cold, he would have gotten another order for me; I responded that I did not have an hour to wait.

I have never given a 15% tip because I know servers have a very stressful job, I usually do 20-22%, I made an exception and gave this one 15% more than he deserved.

The manager heard of what happened but not from us, we gave her an explaination and she very generously compt us our meal which I was not expecting but it shows great customer service on her part. Orginally I had no intention of ever stepping foot in this restaurant again, but I gave my word to the manager I would return and I am a person of my word. I won't do it soon because I need to first forget the experience of the world's most forgetful server.

So to the manager of this establishment .... Well Done!

• Visited April 2013

Fleetwood, United Kingdom
“Good Food”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Food was fresh and tasty we ate here twice during our stay, cocktails were great. Staff were attentive to all our needs and requirements.Good setting and a lively atmosphere.

Visited March 2013
Colorado Spring
“I liked it a lot!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great food. Just an all around good atmosphere. I would highly recommend it. Great sushi. Good location next to the big hotels and Galleria.

Visited March 2013
Portland, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hawaiian?”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The pulled pork sliders and sweet potato fries were awesome but not necessarily what I would expect from a Hawaiian place...

Visited February 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Food was Normal for Kona Grill”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Went during a busy time, so was hard to get the servers attention in the bar for refills on water and sodas, but overall good service. The food came out fairly quick and was good. Kind of overpriced for a mall eatery, but good!

Visited January 2013