“Great pasteries”
Review of Epicure Cafe

Epicure Cafe
Ranked #33 of 160 Dessert in Houston
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This place has some really great pastries and infused ginger tea. Went back a second time. They had the "ladies that lunch" standing at the counter sipping all of the wines by the glass. Blocking everyone else. That really holds things up. Then, the "LTLs" order a hot tea! There needs to be a change in that arrangement. Staff is very helpful. Been going here forever.

There are newer reviews for Epicure Cafe

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My daughter, son-in-law and I were cruising down West Gray looking for a funky place to have lunch; saw what the outside diners were having and decided this one was for us. We made a good choice; the food was great and pricing was very fair. We did not have any of the baked items but they looked wonderful.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I reviewed this Cafe a year ago and gave it an excellent review. However I returned today with my wife to each have a slice of their Apple Strudel served with whipped cream. Once the girl rang it up I noticed the total being $15.00 and I asked how much a slice and she told me they charge $1.99 extra for the cream. I told her this was an outrageous charge and cancelled the cream. My wife then declined to have her slice as she did not want it without cream. I told the server that we had been here several time before and had never been charged for cream. I asked the girl at the cash register to convey my feelings to the owner. While we were seated eating I noticed the owner behind the counter and he never approached us to see about our dissatisfaction. I guess the staff had not bothered to inform him. Shame, because I had told the girl that they had lost our business and that I would be amending my good review I had given them on Trip Advisor. All I can say is that if you have deep pockets and don't mind paying an extra $2 for a dollop of cream, the Strudel is as good as ever, but I do object to such charges.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife and I were in Houston searching for a place for lunch when we decided to try Epicure Cafe. It was a very pleasant surprise. It is not a large place and when we first walked in I thought that it was only a bakery. We found that they a full menu of lunch items from from salad to quiche to sandwiches. Everything we had was excellent. The service was fast and the staff friendly. The pastry items outstanding. This is a great place for lunch or a quick snack before heading over to the River Oaks Theater for a movie.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have gone here for dessert and left very happy! The Bavarian fruit cake was delightful yet not too sweet. The apple pie left me wanting me. The staff was nice and there is a huge variety of desserts and sweets to choose from. There is also a menu for meals to choose from, but I can't comment on that because I've only had their dessert. If you're looking for a place to satisfy that sweet tooth after some shopping in River Oaks or after a movie at the nearby theater, this is the place.