“Great special occasion restaurant”

Nelore Churrascaria Brazilian Steakhouse
Ranked #1,182 of 9,032 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Cross street: Richmond Ave
Reviewed June 30, 2012

You better come hungry to get your $$ worth. Good sized salad bar, with usual hot and cold dishes. I love the polenta and cured meats. I was disappointed there were no asparagus. Very attentive service. Generous drinks, we ordered a cosmo and a glass of chianti. Both were very good. House special beef is my favorite, but top sirloin, baby beef, and shrimp were very good. The chicken legs, anything pork were all dry. I was disappointed that lamb never was offered. We ordered Flan with a splash of Kahlua, and Papaya creme with cassis. Both very good. Bill was $168 for three people. A little pricey for my budget, but a nice treat for Mom's birthday. Small parking lot that offers only valet parking. Located in Houston's museum district.

Date of visit: June 2012
1  Thank Mary W

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I moved here from Dallas loving a Churrascaria up there called "Texas de Brazil". When I moved here I was discouraged that there would not be anything close. I've gone here multiple times now and have LOVED every time.

Atmosphere: Perfect. When you get there you'll realize its set up like an old house. Very intimate. Very private. Quiet. Romantic. I could go on and on with compliments. This is what sold me at first.

Food: Wonderful. The meats are always delicious and the selection is superb. They bring it to you and are very attentive to your wants/needs.

Service: Outstanding. Very welcoming and classy.

This is now my favorite restaurant and although it may be pricey it is still way cheaper than other Churrascaria's (Fogo...etc) and yet has better service.

5 stars. The very best.

Date of visit: October 2011
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I'm sorry, but FOGO DE CHAO is so far from a real Brazilian Steakhouse...there is no soul. IT IS A CHAIN!!! Nelore is a smaller restaurant that is owned by 3 Brazilians that were born in Rio de Janeiro and SP and moved here to create the Brazilian style meat that Houstonians love. The salad bar is always fresh and you can be sure that you will not be rushed out of the restaurant. When it comes to comparing the restaurants --- there is no question which is more genuine....and half the price!

Date of visit: May 2012
1  Thank Travelgirl1420
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The Brazilian experience was a lot of fun. This Brazilian restaurant is a smaller than others I've been to so it's more intimate and not as loud. The dining area is surrounded by windows that look out on the beautiful old oak trees on Montrose. We had a wonderful time.

Date of visit: April 2012
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Love this place. Very friendly people. Cozy place. Good price. Awesome food. Love to go for lunch on Fridays. The caipirinhas are great. And they have chicken hearts!

Date of visit: March 2012