“Very good accomodation at budget price in Houston”

MainStay Suites Texas Medical Center/Reliant Park
Ranked #168 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed August 30, 2013

If you don't want to spend the money staying in Downtown Houston and don't mind driving into town, then the MainStay Suites at Texas Medical Center are a very good option. The location is right off highway 288 and during non-rush hour traffic it takes 30 minutes from IAH airport and 10 minutes from downtown. If you want to avoid the congested highway you can also drive to downtown using normal roads. I did that one morning. The surrounding neighborhood has plenty of gas stations but no restaurants, so you will want to go somewhere else for dinner or bring your own food. The room was nice and very clean and in good shape. The breakfast is basic Choice Hotel level. While the surrounding neighborhood is not particularly nice it felt reasonably safe and so did the hotel . I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ab1966

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was a very nice hotel close by where my daughter has been staying for the summer. She attends Texas Southern University. The hotel was very nice we got a double bed on the ground floor which I enjoyed. I stayed in Houston two nights, the first hotel was horrible I pre paid for two nights but refused to stay another night at american best inn, and left before check out. Then my daughter found MainStay Suites. I enjoyed everything luxury, enjoyed continental breakfast too. Cheryl was very nice and helpful. The only problem we encountered were roaches in the kitchen, and the patio door you can see through the side, the blinds need to be closer to the glass. I put a sheet across them and the front desk gave us bug spray to use hopefully they will exterminate to rid this problem. I still had a enjoyable stay. I go to Houston often since my daughter is in college and will stay at your hotel again.

Room Tip: Great hotel, I'm sure any room is great.
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed here for three days, enjoyed this clean hotel with small living area and a full size fridge, a microwave, 2 burner stove and flat screen tv. We had a separate bedroom also with tv but not a flat screen. It did offer a large bath. The breakfast offered eggs, sausage, biscuits, waffles, juice and coffee. Coffee was also in the rooms. They have extensive DVR's to be viewed in your room.

The only negative is that the outside pool is very small and and there are no walkable restaurants. They do have a van to take you to the medical centers.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have been staying at the Main Stay Suites since 2011. For my first 2 years of cancer treatment at MDA I stayed at the hotel every three weeks. More recently, every other month. I have always found the rooms to be very clean, reasonably priced and the staff to be exceptionally helpful and accommodating. Because I was there so often I knew all of the staff, manager and even the owner Mr. Lee by name. All the employees and especially Talena, Ed and Mike treat visitors more like family and friends. It makes the place seem more like home than just a hotel room. There are many hotels to pick from near the Medical Center, but I don't think you can beat the Main Stay for the shuttle to/from Hobby, breakfast, rooms with a kitchen, price and exceptional staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have stayed at a number of hotels. When I found MainStay Suites, that's where I stayed. I highly recommend MainStay Suites. It is clean, comfortable, homey and the staff is friendly and helpful. Great stay every day. Joe

Room Tip: MainStay Suites you always have a great room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband and I travel to MD Anderson Medical Center several times a year and have stayed
in several hotels, expensive ones and inexpensive ones, and I think we have found a home away from home. We found this hotel to be very clean, Talena at the front desk was always so cheerful she brightened your day. Also The shuttle drivers Ed and Terrance were the best. The price is reasonable, amenities are great and the shuttle to and from Hobby airport is a major plus. They also provide shuttle service to and from MD Anderson. We found the staff to be very kind and accommodating, always willing to help. We will definitely be staying here on our visits to Houston.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank YL M
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This was the first time stay at a MainStay Suites. The halls were very hot and no airflow. Overall stay was nice and the staff was very polite and helpful. The shuttle driver Ed was a very pleasant man and was willing to assist in anyway.