MainStay Suites Texas Medical Center/Reliant Park
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmedical centermd andersonold spanish trailfront deskshuttle serviceshuttle drivers aremedical facilitiesmedical treatmentmed centerfull size fridgedvd playerhouston hobby airportchoice hotelsfree shuttleclean roomswill stay there againhome away from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I LOve this hotel! It is different in a good way. I have been here 1 month on business and will be here 2 to 3 months more. It is clean, quiet, new looking, and has a great staff! They are alway happy to see you and to help you. Did I mention the great staff? The rooms are all suite types with kitchen area, with a small stove, dishwasher, plates, bowls glasses silerware, a real refridgerator/freezer, not the tiny ones. Living area with a couch, coffe table, desk, flat screen tv's and dvd players in the room. The front desk has hundreds of dvd movies you can check out for free! i think they even have board games, an xbox360 and more for kids. There is a pantry section to buy snacks and other items (laundry, pharmacy) They have a really nice gym with new equipment. It has all the regular hotel stuff, hot breakfast, pool, business center, big meeting room. The house keeping is set up for long term travelers and was a little different but not bad by any means, and the people at the front desk are always happy to help if you need more towels, soap,shampoo,or other items. As for noise, it is no more noisy than any other hotel. there are a lot of great places close buy to eat and shop!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th floor on the front side in a queen suite, the only thing that could be better is the a/c location, its close to the bed in my room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I love this hotel and the staff there!!! They are helpful and so polite! The shuttle is available to bring you to appointments, the store, to eat, etc. The GM, Mrs Jean, Telena, Nicole, the drivers are so friendly and helpful. I will stay there every time I have to go to the Medical Center!!! They have high-speed internet, full kitchens(with pots, plates, utensils, etc), some rooms with separate living room areas...The only con was the small laundry room.

Room Tip: The rooms are adequate, comfy, and clean..As close to a home feel as you can get.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We have used this hotel for years now. We must make periodic trips to the medical facilities in Houston 3-4 times per year. This hotel is very accommodating to medical patients and their special needs. Over-the-top helpful and friendly. Rooms are clean, with kitchenettes, and there are board games and movies you can use for the evening--FREE! The shuttle to Houston Hobby airport is a wonderful feature too. We don't have the expense of renting a car and the shuttle will take you to eat or to buy groceries within a 3 mile radius--and that's all you need. Hot breakfast is tasty too.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I was very happy with the layout and cleanliness of our one bedroom suite. It had a comfortable king bed in the bedroom, a very nice kitchenette set-up, and a cozy sitting area/living room. However, as others have mentioned, there is no insulation and you can hear every sound around you. The two toddlers in the room above us were running back and forth at 7 am (we checked in at 2 am the night before) and the deafening & echoing sound was unbelievably loud. I also heard people's car alams throughout the night because the windows are very, very thin. Additionally, I was disappointed in breakfast one morning because I went down at 9:30 am (breakfast is supposed to end at 10 am) and the food had run out. The woman running the breakfast station was aware that there was no more food and I thought she was making more. Around 9:50 a.m. a man came down from his room and mentioned to the lady in Spanish that he wanted the bagle/egg item that had run out. She then proceded to go to her kitchen area and make several of them just for him. Everyone else that was waiting was absolutely livid, but she pretended that she couldn't understand what the English speakers were saying & flat out refused to make any more food for the others that have been waiting for 20 minutes. I went to the front desk with others to voice our complaints, but there attitude was, "Well, it's almost 10 am now, and breakfast is over at 10 am, so we won't do anything about it." I couldn't believe the rudeness and laziness that I experienced from the breakfast attendant and front desk clerks.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2011

We have stayed here several times when we are in Houston for medical reasons. It is very convenient to the Medical Center and they have a shuttle that runs even on weekends. The last two times that we have stayed here, we have had problems with the internet connection in the room. Once we get connected, the internet goes off and on. Very frustrating.
The room has always been clean and the breakfast is the usual free breakfast with a variety of choices. The room price is very reasonable compared to others in the area.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple