“Great Restaurant”
Review of REEF

REEF
Reserve with OpenTable
REEF is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 8,244 Restaurants in Houston
Cross street: McGowen Street
Houston, Texas
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I took my wife here for her 55th birthday and we had a great time. The waiter, Sesoly, was fantastic. He recommended everything we ate and it was all the best. The Crabcake appitizer was the best I ever had.

After the meal, Bill (I assume the owner) came by to make sure everything was alright. It was much more than just a passing comment. He stopped asked what we had and how we liked it. He askedif there was anything he could do for us.

Then Sesoly took our Valet parking ticket and gave it to the Valet so we wouldn't have to wait outside for the car.

Top notch on every level.

• Visited September 2012

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Houston's Reef Rocks”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My 78 year old mother and I were visiting my son who lives in Midtown about a week ago. My mom wanted seafood since we were so close to the gulf. I searched the local sites and chose Reef over some other chains. Man, am I glad we did. We all loved it! From their happy hour menu to the awesome dinner selections, we feasted and we all said we'd love to go back. Since my mom and I live 1200 miles away, we probably won't get back real soon, but my son plans to bring some friends and enjoy! In order to get the happy hour menu, we ate in the bar side, but the full menu was available there too. I had the redfish and fried mac 'n cheese...yum! My mom loved the scallops and my son raved about the grilled shrimp. We were so full because we also had the happy hour shrimp shooters, sliders and our favorite, spring roll shrimp with our happy hour drinks before our main course. We passed on dessert but were surprised to get three ice cream kahlua little drinks on the house! Awesome service, great atmosphere. Next time I'm in Houston you'll find me there!

• Visited September 2012
Houston, Texas
“Gourmet seafood!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I liked this place. Fantastic flavors packed into appropriately-sized plates. Fresh seafood is the centerpiece here and everyone in our group of about 10 was so pleased with their meals. We went during lunch on a weekday.

Visited March 2012
Miami, Florida
“Great red fish.”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The menu was great with many choices. I had the red fish that was delicious. The wine list was very complete and had very good affordable choices.

Visited September 2012
New Mexico
“Great birthday dinner”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Had a wonderful birthday dinner there. The atmosphere is minimalist and the food is great. They serve a sinful fried macaroni and cheese.