“Wonderful Italian pizza & amazing service in TX”

Candelari's Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Candelari's Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,230 of 8,183 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Washington Ave./ Memorial Park
Cross street: Cohn St.
Castres, France
“Wonderful Italian pizza & amazing service in TX”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Visiting friends in Houston, we randomly went to Candelaris pizzeria as it was just a block away from their house. We all come from Europe, and finding an authentic pizza experience in the US is a bit of a challenge. But Candelaris did not amazed us only because of the taste, and choice in pizza, but also by the service we received there. Our waiter was funny, and yet very informative and knowledgeable. There was really authentic typical Italian wine in the wine selection, and we were able to drink a type of wine you usually never find in the US... Cherry on the cake, the price were very reasonable. I know for sure my friends will definitely go back there, and next time I m visiting, I ll lead the way to Candelaris!

• Visited May 2013

“very good”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I eat here often, prices are good, food is always good, service is mostly good.
Plenty of tasty Italian food, pizza etc. nothing High end, all good.

• Visited November 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Fantastic pizza”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We ate here several months ago and I didn't think to rate it until I started trying to find a place with a pizza as good as theirs. Their pizza is great. The atmosphere is very light and it lends itself to entertaining parties. The prices were very reasonable as well.

Gunnison, Colorado
“Liked them til they stole my credit card”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I was visiting Houston and went here to meet locals who go on a regular basis. I was disappointed when we pulled up because it looked like a strip mall place but the inside had atmosphere and they have a small porch as well. The service was good - they put up with a bunch of very rowdy kids in our party, and gave us large samples of wine before we picked a bottle. The food was really very tasty - higher end than I expected. The next day I realized I didn't have my credit card. I called the place and a man said they didn't have it - I am known to leave my credit card in billfolds and there was nowhere else I could have lost it in between so I called again to see if they had it - the same man answered and was quite rude this time. I ended up cancelling my credit card and finding out there were already charges on it - I am nearly positive that it was stolen at the restaurant.

Houston
“Great Food!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The food is always top quality. The last few times, the "burnt" stench is getting worse coming from the kitchen. They need a better exhaust system since you have to walk past the kitchen to half the dining room/bar. The service has slipped a bit but it could just be an off day for the wait staff. I'm sure it will sort itself out.