“A Truly Nice Experience”

Sara's Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 55 Houston B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 18, 2013

While looking into reserving a room here in December, I realized I had not written a review of my previous stay here. Now, at risk of making reservations harder to get, I feel obligated to comment on my first visit. I had gone to Houston to visit a friend for a few days and attend a New Years Eve singles party. In an effort to find some place to stay close to the event, we found Sara's B&B. It turned out to be a wonderful experience. Not only was the event location convenient, but there were several really neat places to dine close by. Connie recommended the Liberty Kitchen and Oyster Bar a short distance away, and it was fabulous. We chose to spend most of New Years day in our room since it was a holiday, it was really peaceful. This is a perfect romantic get away in the middle of Houston, in a lovely neighborhood. Very quiet, cozy room, and a breakfast that was great. Our room was the Fredricksburg Room, one of the smaller ones available, but it was still fine. However, I would opt for a larger room if available next time. And there will be a next time.

Room Tip: I looked in on all the rooms and they were all very nice, but I think I would shoot for one with the...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas M

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Lucky for us there were very few hotel rooms available in Houston this past week due to several conventions. My business associate and I decided to try Sara's B&B and we were delightfully surprised. The rooms were very comfortable and quiet and the breakfast and breakfast room were fantastic. We also enjoyed coming back at night to homemade brownies and wine.... As a coffee addict, I also enjoyed the availability of coffee 24/7. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 920Bonds
Connie M, Owner at Sara's Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

It was a delight to have you ladies here and that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stay at bed and breakfast quite a bit in our travels and found Sara' B&B to be one of the nicest. We were in town for a birthday celebration and had a bed and breakfast gift certificate that we needed to redeem. They did no hesitate to accept the certificate. Our stay was very nice and the breakfast was exceptional. Jeannie is a great cook along with being very personable. I would highly recommend this property to anyone wanting to stay close to the downtown area of Houston. Pat M

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pat M

Pat M., Thank you for your generous review of Sara's. Hope the birthday party was a success. Please come back and stay again.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I enjoyed the style of the house. It really feels like going home. My room was nice and clean. There is delicious brownie in the kitchen downstairs. Unfortunately I didn't have time to enjoy Jenny's delicious breakfast because I had to leave early in the morning.
There is enough parking on the parking lot, and possibilities to park in the street in front.
The only minus was that I could hear someone snoring in the room next door... When I go back to Houston, I will definitely return to Sara's Inn, but I will ask for a room that doesn't have a next door room too close.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Izou84

S., Thank you for your recent stay here at Sara's. It's good to know about the snoring in the next room. I am sure something can be done to alleviate the noise and we will look in to taking care of the issue.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed 3 nights last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed this charming B&B. The owners were friendly and efficient, the cleaning and cooking staff were excellent. This B&B has optional daily maid service, which many B&B's don't offer. Jeannie, the cook, prepared excellent and ample home-cooked breakfasts and was very attentive to every possible need of the guests. Coffee and brownies available 24/7 was a nice touch! We enjoyed sitting on the porch in the evening, and in the dining room where there's a TV and couches as well. Bedding is comfortable, rooms cool and clean! Neighborhood full of charming Victorian-style homes and a wonderful walking/jogging path which we enjoyed daily! Highly recommend this place!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Christine P
Reviewed September 27, 2013

If there was beer in the refrigerator it would have been just like home (there was wine on the kitchen table). Jeannie would cook any style of egg and had gluten-free pancakes and bread, she was very interesting to talk to.
I really enjoyed the jogging path on Heights Blvd, not that we used it for jogging. We walked it a few times. It was very nice setting on the front porch, drinking our morning coffee and watching the people go by.
We will definitely stay at Sara's next time we are in Houston.

Room Tip: I am sure if there was a pool it would be excellent.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank fdwrench
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I highly recommend Sara's B&B on Heights Blvd in Houston, TX. I was in town for business and all hotels were booked, so I looked outside of downtown for accommodations. It was a refreshing change from the usual hotel experience. The drive into downtown was a snap. It was like being home! Room was clean and very nice with all amenities expected at a hotel. Fresh breakfast every morning was delicious and staff was wonderful. I will definitely stay at Sara's again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business