“Nice outdoor patio, good GlutenFree choices, good food”
Review of Lucio’s Byob

Lucio’s Byob
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucio’s Byob is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #622 of 8,206 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lamar
Description: Life is to be enjoyed. If you want to go somewhere to appreciate your bottle of wine and be reminded of the simple pleasures of life, this is the place. At Lucio's you'll enjoy a comforting, yet upscale, dining atmosphere concentrating on seasonal and fresh local ingredients. Our primary focus at Lucio's is to provide quality New American cuisine that delights all of the senses. We feature a selection of prime cut meats, seafood and game, hand-selected daily by our executive chef to ensure excellence. We also offer seasonal daily features and a Chef's tasting menu which features three to five courses and can be tailored to fit the unique tastes of any party. Our versatile, high-end cuisine changes with seasonal menus so you'll be sure to have the freshest, best quality ingredients in our dishes. We look forward to serving you!
Houston, Texas
“Nice outdoor patio, good GlutenFree choices, good food”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We sat outside on a lovely evening and it was nice to have restaurant seating not right on a street. Felt secluded. We had very good service, brought our bottles of wine. I had the salmon appetizer which was wonderful - a bit large for an appetizer, but beautiful smoked salmon, some of which was wrapped around salmon mousse, topped with salmon roe. I gave some to my husband because it was a bit much for me since I had steak. Best dishes were the fish - my husband had gorgeous scallops on a sweet potato puree. We also had desserts which were good, if unexceptional. Service was excellent, and since my husband has celiac disease and has to eat gluten-free, part of the reason we had such knowledgable service was that our waiter's wife has celiac.

• Visited October 2013

Houston, Texas
“Cold reds and lettuce stalks”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Moderate prices and mediocre food, unacceptable service, red wine only available chilled,, and lettuce hearts served in salads. Nobody is paying attention.

Visited October 2013
Houston, Texas
“Great place for before the show”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were seeing a show at Stages and asked to be served quickly and we were. Melvin took good care of us.

The calamari was awesome. NOT greasy, NOT heavy. Very light and tasty with two different sauces, neither of which was red for a change.

I had the pork and it was very tasty and a large portion. My wife had the duck and it was outstanding.

Too hot to sit outside but there is a very nice area when the weather is agreeable.

• Visited July 2013
Houston
“the filet mignon was very good”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My filet mignon was very good. The butternut squash was a little bland and there was very little of it. My friends said their crab cakes were bad & the arugula was also bad.

• Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
“I'd give it another go, though”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I wasn't blown out of the water by this place, despite seeing it on "Best Of" for BYOB on Houston Press and recommended by Open Table. But it is nice to go to a BYOB place and not shelve out a bunch of money on booze. Note "Best of" said $5 corking fee, which is now $8 per bottle. I am not a fish eater, but the special (Cod) sounded so good that I decided to order it. Too bad they were out of it by 8pm (not a packed house). The waiter said they would not cook the flank steak to medium well, so I ended up with a pork chop, which WAS tasty. My friend said her scallops were bland. Oh, and service was slow. We were of the very few that sat outside and the waiters had inside tables, but they still didn't make it out often enough. Clean plates were coming out when dirtly dishes still on the table.

• Visited June 2013