“hidden gem”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Reviewed March 5, 2014

this place looks like a dive but don't be fooled!The BEST food I've had in houston hands down! AMAZING! Never had anything I didn't like and I'm pretty picky! Generous portions even on to go orders! Very gentrified place to hang out! The owners are the friendliest most cordial people ever! One night i stopped for to go food for my family, it was raining and I had to park pretty far away and walk (without an umbrella)! The owner took off his apron, grabbed my food, and walked me (also with no jacket or umbrella) to my car! That meant more to me than he will ever know! I will go back EVERY chance I get! We live 30 minutes away but very often drive here just to support them and enjoy the food! Try everything!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

When I walked into the restaurant I was skeptical. It's a buffet line that looks like it's been in a war, but complete your tour and you won't be disappointed. The food is outstanding! Flavors, portions, and varieties abound. This unassuming joint on the corner of Westheimer and Montrose is a must for anyone who loves warm fresh pita, great hummus and delicious bites without taking a trip to the Mediterranean or the Middle East. Go now.

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Dinner for 2 was 25 and one of us wasn't hungry and we no drinks. Spicy corn was dry, chicken shawarma not tasty, cucumber salad was ok, cauliflower was basic but good, dips were ok, bread was GREAT. Lamb kabob was the favorite part. Atmosphere was very bright. Nothing fancy about this place. It just isn't a standout. Oh and very confusing menu.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Food was authentic and tasty. The staff was very helpful in navigating us to the "buffet" like servings. No wine or beer but we were told we could BYOB next time.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

You can bring your own alcohol, so that is awesome, but more so, is that this long established Montrose neighborhood Mediterranean restaurant is not too big, not too small, food always great, dependable friendly service, clean tables, clean restrooms, excellent prices, large portions. I come here every time I am in the area and the food is so good I would never have the same thing twice. At least a dozen sides, excellent hummus options, 4 tonight. The strawberry and fruit puree drinks are 100% addictive they are so good. Parking on the other hand...is tight. The clientele is some of everything, eclectic. DON'T hesitate to ask for a sample, or a vegan item, or white meat only chicken, etc. They are very accommodating. $10.49 for meat and two sides, and the portions are big..that's plenty for a big guy like me.