“Pleased with speed of service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Lux Cafe

Grand Lux Cafe
Ranked #68 of 8,114 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Pleased with speed of service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

We got to restaurant around 8 pm on a weeknight. It was crowded but no wait in large dining room. Menu same as other Grand Lux in chain. Waitress was very sweet and attentive. Our food came out quickly and was very good. The Asian nachos and beet goat cheese salad were especially nice.

Visited March 2013

• Turkish first
Houston
“Great place for drinks, and I love their desserts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

My sister go there for "girls' night' when we want a good drink. We have had some entrees, too, and they were all very good. My favorite place to sit is at a table in the bar, but that area is small. My favorite dessert is the chocolate creme broulee. It's a very popular spot and would be a nice place to take a date.

Visited January 2013
Arlington, Texas
“Expected more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

After we waited for an hour to be seated, I just knew the food would be fantastic but when I received my shrimp scampi it was just okay. The shrimp was breaded and tasty but based on the Grand Lux in Dallas it seemed this Cafe took a step back. My girlfriend had the Mahi Mahi and she thought it was just ok also. I did order the blueberry dessert that took 30 minutes to bake and was happy about that. It tasted great with the lemon topping.

San Antonio, Texas, USA
“consistently good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food and service were great like always. Expect to wait anytime you go there. Normally, its 10 minutes and up. Tons of options to eat. Be sure and order dessert!

Houston
“A little something for everyone”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Menu is very large, so you can find something to please everyone. I like their pizzas a lot. I enjoy coming to this place very much.