“Absolutely worth it!”

Sud Italia Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Sud Italia Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #229 of 9,030 Restaurants in Houston
Reviewed March 7, 2018

Our group of four decided to try this place out for a birthday dinner and couldn't have left happier. The food was indescribably amazing, service exceeded our expectations, and the ambience was personably perfect as we were seated in a back room. Owner Shanon was so gracious to come by, chat with us, genuinely check in on our dining experience. We were even treated to some limoncello. I also received a follow up message by Shanon the next day, and to have that kind of service these days is sadly rare but none the less, memorable and much appreciated.

Shanon68, Owner at Sud Italia Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2018

Thank you so much for choosing us for such a special occasion. We are honored that out of all the restaurants in Houston you decided to have your birthday here. Also thank you for the kind words, I am sharing this with my staff this afternoon.. Have a wonderful day and we hope to see you back very soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2018 via mobile

Our evening started out with a rude valet attendant. We had reservations and we were quickly seated in a small room. The appetizers were disappointing. The beet salad had very few beets. The same with the heirloom tomato and bursts salad. The worst was when they brought the main course. There was four of us and they only brought three meals. The waiter clearly forgot to write the fourth order down. When the fourth order arrived the shrimp was not cooked properly. The waiter never offered to comp the late meal. Do not think we will be returning.

Shanon68, Owner at Sud Italia Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2018

Nancy,
I apologize that you had less than a perfect dining experience here. We do not have a beet salad. Our Invernale (house salad) is a mixture of greens and beets. The burrata appetizer is a combination of heirloom tomatoes with the burrata on top. I am sorry that everyone's entree was not served at the same time. I wish you would have expressed all of these concerns when I spoke to you and offered everyone the complimentary homemade limoncello. I do hope that you will join us again.

Reviewed February 6, 2018

Built in an old home, some dining area is tight. It can get noisy with a full house, which can make conversation difficult. The food makes you overlook these flaws. Portions are not huge so don't be afraid to order several items. The owner walking around after dessert offering homemade limoncello. Parking is limited, but valet available.

Shanon68, Owner at Sud Italia Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2018

It was great both having you in and meeting you! Thank you so much for the kind words.

Reviewed February 6, 2018

We have been here twice and parking is an issue each time. On a nice day, it is okay to walk a bit but when it rains, not very convenient. It is a small quaint place with friendly feeling, not like noisy chain restaurants. Food is quite good and somewhat different than most others. Squid ink spaghetti was very good as well as a pasta called choke the priest. I enjoyed the Beet salad also. I would have liked the bread hot but maybe it is not the Sicilian way, I don't know. We live quite far so we do not get to come often but I like to see small, non- chain restaurants like these do better. I think they add character to our city.

Thank you so much for stopping by. Parking is an issue during lunchtime but we have valet service every evening. Have a wonderful day and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed January 9, 2018 via mobile

Burrata and shrimp appetizers were fresh and delectable. Ravioli was excellent, as well as the short rib pasta dish my husband ordered. I loved the setting, it’s a lovely spot with flowers, candlelight, and and a very attentive wait staff. We will return, just a short walk from Houston memorial hospital.

Shanon68, Owner at Sud Italia Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your dining experience. It was a pleasure having you both in.