“Our Happy Hour Experience”

RA Sushi Bar Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #845 of 8,434 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Afton Oaks/ River Oaks
Cross street: Weslayan
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Like most, I went during the Happy Hour session. I enjoyed the food, atmosphere, and the service was decent considering we came during what seemed to be a shift change. I highly recommend sampling all the pieces within your overall meal budget. Everything is fresh.

The only aspect that threw me off was that open patio-like concept on the cocktail side of the restaurant. If I didn't bring a jacket it would have taken away from the experience.

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We decided to have our Christmas Party Luncheon at RA.... What a disappointment! I have been to the City Center location and love the food and service. Unfortunately, not the same experience here. Our waitress kept disappearing and seemed to be avoiding us. Even at close range, we were having to continuously waive her down. We would ask the other wait staff to assist us and they would get an attitude. Shockingly it was 1:30 in the afternoon and not even busy. We will not be returning to this location. Avoid this location and go the extra few miles to City Center!!!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

While at the galleria doing some Christmas shopping we saw the stainllees steel face of Ra and then decided to grab a bite to eat. The long stairway up is pretty dramatic and the dance club vibe does put you in a favorable mood to enjoy yourself. Sad to say, the food was not up to the atmosphere with the spicy Asian taco too full of mayonnaise and the various maki rolls tasting like store bought concoctions

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This restaurant definitely looks cool and has a good atmosphere. I went in there for something quick to eat on a weekday night around 8pm.
The chap on reception kept us waiting for several minutes as he was talking to someone on the phone. This was not the best start.
The waitress assigned to us was very attentive and once we had ordered fairly swift. The food was ok but not what I would consider good. In particular the sushi rolls were very sloppy and falling apart as you tried to eat them with the chop sticks.
There was nothing else from the mixture that we ordered that stood out and made its mark.
I would not go there again, until I have attempted to find some where better - which I am sure there is in Houston.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

It seems mundane to evaluate on the pretext of 'ambience-alone,' but I really like it here.

Being on the upper floor, outside, eating sushi with a nice variety of electronic music playing, lots of action going on.... I like it.

This is not a place for quiet contemplation, at least not on the weekend or perhaps most evenings. So please don't make that mistake. But for me, I like the vibe, friendly servers and great selection of more 'upper shelf' tequilas and other imbibements.

Some key points:
-Try the mixed cocktails, especially anything made with Lychee!
-It is Loud, but not absurdly-so
-Servers seem to be well-trained, but be ready, they are BUSY
-If you are a sushi-noob, you cannot go wrong with the cooked rolls, so be adventurous, even 'a bit'
-The raw sashimi is pretty darn good for a franchise-style restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised.
-The patio is fantastic overlooking the City Centre
-Plenty of food for the eyes as well as the stomach

P.S.
City Centre in general is worth seeing while visiting Houston. They have fantastic Hotels here as well!