“Still Our Favorite!!”

Neighborhood: Greater Heights
texas
“Still Our Favorite!!”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I've been going to Vietnam Restaurant at least a couple of times a month for years! Whether its just 2 or a group you can't beat it. The food is always freshly prepared and very good. The atmosphere is nice and the service is generally above average. A few of my favorite dishes are the lemon grass chicken and barbeque pork eggrolls. Also their tofu dishes are very good. My daughter is a vegetarian and every time she visits Houston it's usually her 1st stop.
Another nice touch is you can bring your own wine which I think is GREAT!!

• Visited December 2012

United States
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Vietnam was one of my favorite restaurants for years. Over time food quality, consistency and service have been going down hill. After numerous visits hoping that maybe I just caught them on a bad day, I have given up on this once great eatery. Sad but true.

2 Thank withoutborders78
New Braunfels, Texas
“We enjoy Vietnam most of the time.”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I've been going to this Heights neighborhood restaurant now for several years and can't believe I've never reviewed it.
Normally it's easy to get in but we usually will call ahead and tell them we are coming. This time we just surprised them and it took a bit of a wait to get a table plus we had a baby with us so finding a table where the baby chair could sit without being in the way took a little more time. Getting a menu took time too - normally they are much quicker to get you started. Maybe it was the baby? One thing we like is the fact that you can bring your own wine. Instead of a corkage fee, they will charge you for a bottled water per person, but you can take with you or drink there. We love their Vietnamese Eggplant, crispy and sweet with a yummy sauce. They also have really good shrimp springrolls and my husband loves their special house fried rice. The other dish we enjoy is the Peppered Shrimp. Love to go there when we are in Houston!

• Visited September 2012
Houston, Texas
“Best kept secret”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

We don't live in the Heights, far from it, in fact, but we make special trips to this restaurant for their great food. If you like eggplant, their Vietnamese eggplant dish is the best., with just enough spice to make it interesting as well as an interesting mixture of textures and flavors. My husband likes the pork in fish sauce. We all like the Imperial roles, but there's a lot else to choose from.

It used to be more of a hole-in-the-wall but they remodeled and increased the size considerably. Still, it's more utilitarian than fancy. The place is a local treasure, so it can get very crowded, but they do take reservations. Don't despair if there's no parking up next to their building...they have more in back across the street and you can park on the street on the sides and in front.

• Visited February 2012
“I like it!”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

The portions aren't all that big now compared to the menu price hike after their renovation, but it's a nice place to eat. Service is sometimes really good and other times wanting. We used to eat ther weekly before the renovation and higher prices.