“Great place to stop before a game”
Review of Jackson Street Bbq

Jackson Street Bbq
Ranked #103 of 8,695 Restaurants in Houston
Reviewed September 5, 2017

Right next door to minute made this is a great place to stop before the game. They have plenty of TVs and beer to enjoy. Seating ranges from large picnic tables to 4 person stand alones.

Food was great as well, you can very easliy eat too much!

3  Thank Brett L

Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

Before the Astros game we stopped here for lunch. Very reasonable prices and everything was great. Ballpark food is so overpriced and honestly not that good, not to mention the beer prices. So this was a nice treat before the game.

1  Thank FishinTexan
Reviewed August 24, 2017

I am from New York and this place was recommended by Texas locals.so maybe my expectations were set too high.
It is buffet service style which was actually a nice surprise as we were there for lunch and didn't want to have long meal that we would have had with waiter style.

We had the brisket; ribs; chicken and sausage for the mains.
The food was good but nowhere close to the best I every had. My favorite of the 4 was the ribs.
We had the cole slaw; cream of corn; baked beans and chips for sides.
The ream of corn was very good, everything else has too much pepper and the cole slaw was very bland.
Environment was nice. Huge open dining area with lots of tvs with sports games.
Staff was VERY nice. Especially the warm welcome you get from the servers when you first walk in.

1  Thank jtben
Reviewed August 22, 2017

Went of dinner prior to a game. Line was long, but did move quickly. Lots of inside dinning, so finding a place to sit was not a problem. I got there BBQ chicken salad and my husband go their the meat plate. My salad was very large, the lettuce was mainly iceberg, but it did have carrots, cucumber, tomatoes,. Chicken was tender and had a great smoky taste. My husband liked their brisket and ribs. Sauce was good. Prices are reasonable and service is great. Love the location for dinner prior to the game.

Reviewed August 21, 2017

Now granted I am a Northerner, so what do I know about brisket and Texas ribs? Well, let me tell you, if I did not know before, I do now. This place has brisket that made me want to swoon. And ribs that I have not experienced otherwise--juicy, but dry at the same time (how is that possible?). Right next to Minute Maid stadium, but you do not need to be thinking about the game to go to this establishment. And the guys behind the counter are great too--happy to serve you, happy to converse. A fun, don't miss time, with great food and very reasonable prices.

1  Thank HockeyJudge