“Great Japanese Cuisine”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Reviewed February 25, 2013

After an afternoon of shopping at the quirky Trader Joe's grocery store in the old Alabama movie theater on Sheppard my wife and I happened on Zake Sushi Lounge located next door. We showed up at an off hour (3pm) but the staff treated us like royalty. The selection of foods was varied, artfully presented and reasonably priced. I got the sliced beef salad (delicious) and my wife got the Bento Box (doubly delicious). I must say the service was truly excellent and the food more so. Very tasteful decor, good location and plenty of parking. We will definitely stop by more often in the future after our shopping spree next door.

2  Thank jt093812

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I've been going to Zake for years. They have great happy hour specials and the happy hour seems to keep extending. Not one of these places where the happy hour lasts 2 hours and then that's it. I think it is at least 4-7PM and often if you call they will say happy hour is lasting all day. I'm always happy with the sushi I get here.

1  Thank adamccz
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Nice lunch: best appetizer ever - hot crab roll, paper thin and crisp, good shrimp entree and better than average flan for desert. Perfect value. Service could be a bit faster. Overall very good experience

Reviewed March 30, 2012

We went late on a Friday and it was pretty quiet, which was just what we wanted. There was a group of us, and the server sat us immediately and took our orders. This was my first time there and the service was prompt and immediate, and the food was fantastic. The manager even came by to see how we were doing. It was dimly lite, which was fine for our group. Will definately visit again!

Reviewed March 21, 2012

The happy hour is what has us coming back multiple times. Much of their menu is reduced in price and the sushi is very fresh. The service as previous reviews cite is pretty weak but the food itself and the happy hour deal is the attraction.