“By far the best spa in Houston”
Review of Trellis Spa

Trellis Spa
Ranked #1 of 46 Spas & Wellness in Houston
Houston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“By far the best spa in Houston”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I regularly visit spas at hotels and on vacation, but Trellis is the BEST in Houston hands down. I get massages at least once a month, and it is always a treat to visit Trellis. Very relaxing, very accommodating, luxurious, top quality services and friendly staff. Massages and body treatments are great! It feels like a vacation in the city - one of a kind. I definitely recommend!

3 Thank miinocente

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Simply the best”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Have traveled a lot and have been to many spas with my wife, but this, BY FAR, is one of the nicest and most relaxing spa experiences we've had. Always a treat to stay at the Houstonian Hotel and have a relaxing getaway, Trellis is incomparable. Treat yourself! You won't regret it.

1 Thank Guypicard
Tulsa, Oklahoma
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“A review from a day spa owner”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

As a professional in the industry, I am giving this spa 5-star rating. Here's why. I was in Houston on a short business trip and had a few hours to kill after my business was finished. I try to always use such opportunities to visit other day spas and experience something new, maybe some ideas I can "borrow", or simply get inspired by, while relaxing and enjoying the pampering as a client. I found the spa on TripAdvisor mobile app and it was only a mile away. I showed up at the front desk and asked for a relaxing Swedish massage (the most common request at any spa). They had an opening and I went to the gentleman's changing area accompanied by a very knowledgeable spa attendant. The spa was large and beautiful and everything was very clean and convenient. I used a steam room for a few minutes. It was not hot enough for my taste, but that's because I am used to my own steam room where I crank the temperature up quite a bit. There was a large swimming pool - a dream for any day spa - but I had no time to use it. Fruit juices and fruits where there for everyone to enjoy, but I had to go upstairs to get ready for my massage. The lounge upstairs was very full. I think it was the time when a lot of people were either coming in or relaxing after their treatments. It didn't bother me. I personally like when there are a few people around. My therapist took me to a massage room and asked about pressure - usual talk. I said I wanted to relax, but had a few knots in my back. She applied a little harder pressure during the massage. But, overall, it was perfect. I have about 15 therapists of my own, and if she applied, I would hire her. After the massage, I used the steam room and hot tub again and then relaxed in their tranquility room with a cup of hot tea. This tranquility room is neat: dark and quiet with a sound of wind and a lot of plush coaches and chairs to fall into. I would probably fall asleep if I didn't have to catch a flight in a few hours. After a shower I felt very refreshed and re-charged. Very good experience!

Visited October 2012
5 Thank Kalistrat
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Great for a girls weekend”
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

My ultimate spa comparison is the Canyon Ranch Spa at the Venetian in Vegas. With that being said, things are definitely not bigger and better in Texas in regards to Trellis. I may be misinformed, but Houston does not have a plethora of full service day spas to choose from. Trellis is the best option for a full day spa in the area.

Parking: we drove around twice and couldn't find a single spot in the immense lots connected to all that is the Houstonian complex. A considerate valet took care of us after seeing us pass a few times.

The Spa: The walk from the check-in area to the women's lounge begins the relaxing spa experience with a glass walkway over a pebbled stream leading into the co-Ed lounging pool (think oversized jacuzzi but chilly). The women's lounge area is cozy with only three showers, 2 toilet areas, one rain shower and a hot tub. The lady working was hustling to restock, and I can imagine these areas get backed up with people waiting for their turn.

The Massages: We were four ladies on a girls weekend, and we all had the aromatherapy massage. Of the four massages, my masseuse was the only one who appeared rushed, didn't respond to my scalp massage request and I didn't even get to pick my aromatherapy scent. She was pleasant and not rude in the least but seemed distracted. The other three ladies were very impressed with their respective services, and each got to choose their favorite scent, just saying.

Overall, the Trellis spa is a nice interlude from a shopping weekend in Houston. The prices are reflective of the Houstonian prices but without the use of the Houstonion pools or other amenities.

Houston, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Incompetency at Trellis”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The manicurist cut my cuticles and made them bleed then stated that I bleed easily. No, I do not. I have never bled from a manicure other than at Trellis - absurd. Incompetency beyond belief.

5 Thank FactsPlease