“Best Ice Cream in Town”

Hank's Ice Cream Parlor
Ranked #13 of 166 Dessert in Houston
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Hank's is located on South Main between Kirby and Buffalo Speedway with adequate parking. Hank created a very rich ice cream in unique as well as well liked flavors while living. His wife and family now run the business. Don't even try to get ice cream even close to closing time.

1  Thank zepper50

Reviewed April 5, 2014

About four years ago we happened to be in America when USA Today published a state-by-state guide to the single best ice cream parlour to be found in each state. We visited the Taos Cow for the ice cream in New Mexico on that trip but we had to wait until now to try Hanks in Houston. We had banana pudding and also banana nut. It was really banana and pecan, not just boring old nuts. Hank was a delight and his ice cream was delicious. We are already planning another trip to Texas in the future, especially to visit Hank. He is lovely. Home made ice cream at such a cheap price was unbelievable. His shop's walls are full of celebrity and governmental recommendations. He even had the USA Today highlight. I would like to add my little review to his accolades.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is a gem of a place. Right down from Reliant stadium. All the flavors I have tried are very good. I am partial to the. Butter pecan.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We just visited Hank's for a break from the Houston summer. Very simply, this is *the best* ice cream that we've ever had. The service is great and Hank's is how I'd imagine America was in the 50's. We'll definitely be back!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

My wife had the banana pudding ice cream. I had a vanilla malt. The service was great. Hank served us. He was very nice. The price was a little high, but can understand as a small business enterprise overhead is more. I would come back to have another treat.

1  Thank HuronTwpTraveler