All reviews clean property hot tub front desk a great stay free breakfast lobby wedding
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

We picked this Holiday Inn express because it was near a wedding we were coming in to town for. It wasn't bad. Clean, well lit hallways. Room was clean, bathroom was stocked. Basic hotel needs met. Location was a little sketchy behind an abandoned car wash. Road that went in and out was riddled with potholes you had to drive around. Hotel felt safe though and was well lit. The room was large and had a nice tv (although it was programmed and locked on wide screen which was kind of annoying). The bed was hard to sleep on. Both of us woke up every day stiff. No vending machine. Had to buy a soda from the store by the front desk. Free Breakfast was ok. Not a lot of choices and the whole time we were eating there was a sign promising cinnamon rolls and none came. The housekeeper who was restocking the breakfast area was carrying around a drink from the local gas station and setting it down on the tables as she cleaned and restocked things. Coffee was lukewarm in their canisters. Over all The stay wasn't bad. Wasn't great. Average.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

I had reserved a room in advance of my arrival and, then when I arrived from out of town, I found an empty parking lot with a note taped to the door to say they were close. If you had questions, the note gave a phone number to call which I did only to listen to an irresponsible woman explain that no employees showed up for work so they were closed !!!! Who is she and why didn't she make to effort to come in to work?!!! I received no notification of cancellation which seemed to not be of concern to her. DO NOT TRY TO STAY AT THIS WORTHLESS HOTEL !!!!!!!! Their management needs replaced if they cannot take the lead when employees are absent. Shame on them. I went to the Hampton Inn at the Willowbrook Mall and was treated very well. Go to the Hampton Inn if you want a pleasant experience

Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

The staff were very friendly and The bed was comfortable, but unfortunately that’s not enough to make up for the poor facilities. The hair dryer wouldn’t stay on the wall and I had to hold the button down with one hand to make it work. The toilet seat was not fully attached, which made for a precarious experience. We couldn’t make a lamp work, and finally realized there was no light bulb in it. The ice machine on our floor was inoperable/empty. The key cards did not work easily. The box springs were bare and the duvet covers did not match, which just looked bad. Outside there was some trim missing at the roofline, which exposed the building frame, and did not make a good first impression. Others we knew also staying here had issues with the toilet and ac. I stay at a lot of HI and was just disappointed. Next time I will pay a little more to stay north in the Tomball area.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2018

Quick, courteous check-in, clean rooms, and comfy beds. Every common area from the lobby to the breakfast room was clean and well-maintained. Great free breakfast selections, a nice variety of snacks displayed next to the front desk, and easy, free parking. The pool looked like it needed some refreshing, and we were disappointed the hot tub was no longer available. Overall, we had a great stay!

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed January 31, 2018

From the onset it looks like a good idea to stay here.. Clean property, seems a bit aging. clean room, even the bed had the right firmness for me. Here is where it goes south. Had to get my keys rekeyed 2 times just on an overnight stay. Aparently the heater in the room was broken.. Thermostat in the room was set to 70.. I made sure it was set to heat when I went to bed.. Woke up to 61 degrees in the room.. So the heater was broken. not a great start to the day. Go down to have breakfast.. the eggs looked like water, the gravy was like water.. want some biscuits and gravy.. perhaps they should have defrosted the biscuits before putting them out.. Not a great stay at all.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Houston, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2018

Hi William T,

Thank you for your candid review and for staying with us. We're delighted to learn you found our hotel clean and liked the firmness of the beds. However, I'm sorry to learn you did not fully enjoy your overall experience because of the program you encountered with the heater. I apologize for any discomfort this may have caused you. Your feedback will be shared with our management team so we may work towards improving the areas that you have noted.

Again, many thanks for the feedback and our apologies for the shortfalls. Should your travels bring you back to the area, we would love nothing more than to welcome you back and deliver an experience you'll be sure to remember.

Connie D