“I'm glad it was only one night!”

and 1 more site!
Downtowner Inn and Suites
Ranked #342 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We stayed here because we had an early flight the next day. The hotel doesn't have inside corridors, so taking the luggage up the stairs was difficult and heavy. This hotel is located next to a gas station. The room was small but it had a fridge, which was good. The bathroom was small and the tub didn't look clean. We were happy to have a "shuttle" to take us to the airport at 5:30 a.m., but what a ride! It was an old, dirty, beat-up van that had a strong smell of gasoline. I'm glad we stayed there only one night!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Let me first start off by saying- It was Spring Break and this was the only hotel around with availability (I now know why). We checked into our hotel late, 9:30 and it took my husband 20 minutes inside before he came back to the car. We get to our room and there was one bed made up and the other had no linens on it at all, my 7 year old said- aren't they supposed to make the beds? Not only that but there were no towels and the bathroom had not been cleaned, Ewwww.. At this point I was on the phone praying someone had cancelled a room at any other hotel but had no luck. My husband called down and they said that Spring Break was so busy and they couldn't keep up but they would send someone up to clean the room. I sat there and watched her clean the bathroom, make the beds and clean the room. The noise level outside was loud, you could hear everyone outside and everyone outside could pretty much see inside. We got up first thing, checked out went to see their mini hot breakfast- not sure where the hot comes into play unless you are toasting bread- they had stale bread and bagels, fruit loops, cheerios, apples, oranges and that's about it. Unless you are in a dire situation I would avoid this place! I will NEVER stay at another Howard Johnson after this experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Williamsland
Reviewed January 22, 2012

After checking into the Hotel and getting unpacked i went out to scout the area, have dinner and finish paperwork. When I climbed into the bed at 11:00 pm, I found the stink of body odor on the pillowcases and sheets were terrible. I had to sleep on bath towels. When I went to the office to complain to Mr Patel, I found his mother working the desk who could not speak a word of english.

Room Tip: I think this would be a good hotel to skip
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank c1kikoman
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Yellow water coming out of the sinks. Terrible smell. Burned out light bulbs. Broken ac in the first room. Close enough to the airport jetway to have the planes rumble the room. Need I say more?

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Forbiddendonut9
Reviewed October 27, 2011

The place was dirty and the staff was very rude. They said it was renovated but I did not think so. The towels were dirty as well as the sheets. I certainly would not recommend this place to any one. The amount of money spent is not worth the stay. There are other better priced hotels right there for a better price, cleaner, and with better customer service. I know this because I went to the Clarion and it was much better.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Madeline M
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The room was clean with new carpet, paint, furniture, linens, etc... But I arrived to a room that must have been 130 degrees at 8pm, it was unbearable. I had to turn on the AC and leave because the room was so hot, and it took several hours for it to cool. The paint/texture on the shower ceiling was pealing, the bed was not very comfy and there was alot of road noise. The breakfast was just breads; toast, waffles, muffins, or danish, juice and coffee. No cereal, or fruit, it was disappointing. There is a Days Inn close by (airport) that is much better, in the same price range.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed February 6, 2011

Left our car at the hotel while on vacation. Were taken to the airport for an early flight. Returned after 10 p.m., called the hotel and we were picked up within 10 minutes.
The rooms are newly redone and the work seems to be of high quality. B/c this is an older motel, the rooms are huge. And though close to I45, the room was quiet.
Location, price, service (including a free breakfast) are all first rate.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple