“Nice place”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Tallahassee
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Very nice room. The A/C unit control was rather strange. Setting went from 22 to 30, almost like it was a Celsius scale. Breakfast was typical continental, nothing special. I was pleased with the fast Internet. Only thing that surprised me was the lack of an elevator. It's only two stories, so using the stairs wasn't a big deal, but, if I'd have had lots of luggage, I might have felt differently.

Room Tip: Definitely want a first floor room if you have trouble climbing stairs!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We booked this hotel using our American Airlines Advantage Miles and were pleased with how nice the hotel and staff were. The room was very neat and clean. Couch, comfortable chair, desk, refrigerator and microwave. The beds were very comfortable. Towels were the thickest we have ever had in a hotel. When we arrived we were not very hungry so we just walked to the IHOP restaurant that was next door. Good location. Enjoyed the hotel's hot breakfast before leaving in the morning. We will be sure to return the next time we are in the area. Wish they had an identical hotel in each of the cities we travel to!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
West Sussex, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is a very clean and comfortable place to stay whilst in Houston. Front desk staff and breakfast cook were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is the best in the 'complimentary breakfast' line that most chain hotels seem to offer.
Two small grumbles stop me from giving this a rating of 5:
1) The ice machine outside of our room, was very noisy and was particularly irritating at night when trying to sleep.
2) Despite leaving a 'please clean my room' sign on the bedroom door, our room wasn't serviced on the second morning of our stay. I appreciate that we were late leaving our room, however the maid and her cart, were parked outside of the room when we left and we said 'good morning' to her.
I'm not above making my own bed, but did mention it to the front desk as I needed a few items for the room that evening - staff were very apologetic.

Room Tip: Not room 232 or any other room next to an ice machine
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Front desk staff and management were very accommodating went out of there way to take care off all our needs.
Paulette the cook in the breakfast room made us feel like we were having breakfast at home, she is wonderful

Wilai and Lee

• Stayed March 2013
DeRidder, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel for a great price. It feels like home. Everyone is so nice here and they have a great breakfast. You can't beat it for the price. This is our 2nd time staying here and wont be our last. They even have a wine and cheese bar in the evenings. :)

• Stayed March 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

My name is Ebony Stewart, and I enjoyed my stay at the Best Western Plus Westchase Suites. Ms. Denise on the front desk was very helpful. Abraham helped carry my luggage to my room. The suite was very clean and nice.The breakfast attendant Paulette McNair was very gracious and attentive. She made my stay an excellent one. I'm not usually a morning person, she made my mornings. The food was fresh and delicious. When I return to visit family and friends I will come back to the Best Western Plus Westchase Suites. Overall the hotel is excellent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Nashua, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

So yes, the hotel is a middle of the road, usual grade, normal hotel, with reasonably clean and comfy rooms, an okay location, with pleasant reception personnel. But I will tell you what, the woman who worked breakfast took the usual breakfast served in these types of hotels and worked as hard as she possibly could to make breakfast the best it could be. It is not breakfast at the 4 Seasons or the Ritz. But it is a step above those normally served in these types of settings, because Paulette works as hard as she can to make your experience as good as it can be. When I thanked her she almost broke into tears to be recognized and appreciated for her hard work. Paulette: you did a great job! Thank you for your hard work!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family