“Nice service and food”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main St and Ewing St
Transit: Museum District stop on Houston Metrorail.
Description: Like everything at Hotel ZaZa, the dining room and nightlife space are designed to entice your every sense. Hotel Zaza dares you to lose yourself in the intoxicating aromas, layered flavors and unexpected touches of the “see and be scene” Monarch Restaurant & Lounge. So come, play, revel, and experience dining and entertainment in the Houston area that’s a world apart.
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We enjoyed sitting on the patio in the evening for dessert and wine. We also enjoyed breakfast. Serving sizes were large but good.

Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Monarch Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

AFMH!

Thank you for the great feedback regarding your experience at the Monarch! I am pleased to read that you had delightful meals at the restaurant! Everything is bigger in Texas!

Come on back soon for another delicious visit. We love ya!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Great food and nice views. Had breakfast and lunch here and all of it was very delicious. Nice variety, too.

dreammittersill!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I am happy to read that you had a GREAT experience at the Monarch recently! Breakfast, lunch & dinner are definitely delish!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston. We love ya!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Good food inside the main restaurant it is a little noisy but the patio is a great place to talk and relax. It's a place to see people and be seen located near the medical district its one of Houston's best places to relax.

Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Monarch Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Vickie!

Thank you for the awesome review! I am pleased to read that you had a relaxing experience at Hotel ZaZa recently. The Z is definitely a wonderful place to unwind & rejuvenate!

Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Stayed at Zaza for two nights for my wedding. Had car problems with our rental so decided to pass some time while we waiting for them to rectify with a new one.

We set and was met by the lovely Kathleen Branham who made what became a somewhat stressful experience with the rental company sooooooo much easier. She is a keeper! She noticed the doom and gloom on our faces and we gave her a brief overview of our woes. We wanted to take her home afterwards - she's a gem.

Food wise, we all ordered several "small plates" off the menu. All except one (the cheeseburger of all things) were really really good. This is very well suited for after-work lounging moreso than dinner.

Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Monarch Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Alicia!

Thank you for the great feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a pleasant experience at the Monarch! Kathleen is one of our rock stars; I will definitely make sure she is commended for providing superb service to you during your visit at the restaurant.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I have tried the Monarch lounge several times before but was always disappointed by the service. However, my friend and I had attended the MFAH preview party for a recent exhibit and we were starving! Kathleen B. was our server and she has changed my entire outlook about the lounge. She was very attentive and friendly. She suggested the Sticky Bacon appetizer and she was right! It was perfectly done. For anyone that appreciaties a small bit of suckling pig but have been sorely disappointed by pork belly at other venues, they will not be disappointed by the Sticky Bacon appetizer. A perfect bit of heaven as far as I am concerned. The brussel sprouts was a large plate to be shared and was very flavorful. The mac and cheese was a bit disappointing. It was tasty but nothing to write home about. I would have preferred a different cheese blend of cheeses or a larger shaped pasta to capture the cheese.

Given this recent experience, I would gladly say, I will definitely reconsider returning to Monarch and have changed my opinion regarding the service, thanks to Kathleen B!

docfoodie2013!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a great visit at the Monarch recently. Kathleen is one of our rock stars; I will definitely commend her for providing fabulous service to you during your visit at the restaurant!

Please touch base when you would like to indulge in another plate of flavorful brussel sprouts or would like to try something new! I will have my team roll out the red carpet upon your arrival. We love ya!