“Lots to see”

Ranked #25 of 270 things to do in Houston
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Space Center Houston is one of Houston’s top attractions, the Official Visitor Center of NASA Johnson Space Center, Houston’s first Smithsonian Affiliate and a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence awardee. The center features more than 400 space artifacts as well as numerous permanent and traveling exhibits, attractions and theaters related to the exciting future and remarkable past of America’s human space-flight program – all for one admission price. The experience is designed to engage adults and children alike. Known around the world as the home of NASA Mission Control, International Space Station Mission Control and astronaut training, guests are taken behind the scenes to see NASA Johnson Space Center. Space Center Houston is open every day except Christmas day.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Food available for purchase
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Took two 15 yr old boys, who throughly enjoyed it. Though they thought the tram tour of the training center would have been more fun on a weekday when people were actually working. Lots to play with for little kids also.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,019)
All reviews
in 78 reviews
"timed tickets"
in 74 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I m sorry to say I had some higher expectations as to this visit. It s not very appealing to adults as I thought. The only thing worth spending time on is the tour ride, the rest is just repeating what you saw in the tour. Don t expect a mini Disney, mind you. It s along way from Houston, we took the bus (public transport) from downtown Houston and it was fine and cheap (2 dollars each- 45 minutes aprox), but if you want to go on the excursion they sell it`s not worth paying at all!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This place is absolutely amazing. It's good to go with kids. We spent the whole day with three kids and they loved it.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Our family enjoyed Space Center Houston. We visited the old mission control and viewed the various exhibits. The kids loved the flight simulators and the climbing poles. If three teens enjoy a place like this, then it must be good.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Kennedy it is not ............ I went with expectations of a similar experience, this feels like Disney gone downhill, what particularly disappointed me was the staff one and all from surly tour guides going through the motions in the most wasteful manner of my time possible to the really unhelpful girl at Starbucks. It's staffed by a bunch of teenagers who really couldn't give a crap about what they're doing and make it totally obvious, never seen as high a profile a place as this staffed so on the cheap - really disappointed.

Because of all the play stuff it's really geared towards kids with a passing interest in space and really cannot be compared with Kennedy, maybe the expensive planned behind the scenes stuff is interesting and engaging but the cattle ones aren't.

I paid extra for the voice guided tour which was dull and I only listened to a few sections as it really was boring so really wished I hadn't and they tried to tell me I had another 2 machines even though I was on my own and didn't seem to want to give me my drivers license back.

I really hoped for an entertaining and educational visit and just left angry, what I got was arrogant ignorant and awful customer service for a fairly hefty price, really best avoided.

NASA you should be ashamed of this as a method to build public opinion.

Rob