“Fantastic for the Business traveller”

Courtyard Houston by The Galleria
Ranked #27 of 517 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 28, 2009

I checked into this hotel on the Mondat and checked out on the Friday and words could not describe how excellent my stay was. From the Moment I checked in JOE the Front Desk Manager personally checked me in and gave me directions to several locations I would be visiting that week. Breakfast is a resonable price for the quality of the food, served by the excellent Teresa who couldnt do enough for me at breakfast. The evenings were spent in the hotel bar where the bar tender from England makes the best cosmos i've had in all my years of travelling. The happy hour runs from 5-7 and is a must for those wanting to unwind from a hard days work.
Parking is 10.00 a day which isnt too bad when you consider the JW Marriott over the road charges 20.00 a day so I have no compaints on that matter.
Will defintely visit again next month when I come to Houston.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed June 26, 2009

I recently stayed at this Courtyard for a business trip. The room was bigger than expected with a spacious bathroom. The hotel was clean and appeared to have been built and/or updated in the last few years. Not a lot of frills but the price for the room was right. For a business trip it was a good place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2009

I stayed in this hotel for a weekend with my girlfriend who was visiting. We chose it primarily for its location and the price we got (she is a Marriott employee and it was discounted). I didnt expect much from a Courtyard and primarliy just needed a place to lay our heaads. But it wound up that we spent most of our time in the room because it was so comfortable! We got a king room on the 12 floor with a great view. The Bathroom was HUGE with plenty of counterspace and a large tub. The wardrobe gave us plenty of space to keep bags and clothes, and the desk was big enough to set up my laptop to use with the free internet connection. There was even a couch and a coffee table to watch tv or read. The staff was wonderful and always greeted us with a smile, and the hotel is just across the street from the Galleria which was very convenient. My only complaint was the location of the A/C because the air only flowed in one corner and sometimes the bed area would get a little warm. That could also be a result of our particular room layout. Other than that i would def stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2009

This hotel has some negative comments with regards to its “corporate-style” and lack of charm. This is a Marriott, not a boutique hotel, and it’s got a comfortable, bland style that is just pleasant enough, and most importantly, it’s well kept and really clean and comfortable. I wish there were more towels, and hand lotion in the room, but overall, because it’s clean and has a good location, it’s a generally good hotel.
Some other down points: $10 /day for parking: I really hate getting charged for parking. Next, while there’s free wi-fi in the lobby and it’s free, there’s no wi-fi in the rooms. The upside there, is that they provide a cable for you to use for free, which is handy.
Breakfast isn’t included generally, and since I was visiting friends, I didn’t have it there. It’s about $12 and advertised as a buffet with omelet station. I went to local area restaurants for nice breakfasts and brunches that cost less than that, so maybe this is kind of steep. It wasn’t very busy in the dining room when I was there. I did come down and get the free tea, coffee, and newspapers they have in the tiny lobby (limited seating, if you want to surf via wi-fi on the Net).
The room is not really very big, but it’s comfortable enough, and the bathroom’s trimmed in granite. At least everything is well-spaced, the room flows well and it’s easy to get to your stuff in the wardrobe closet and make yourself a cup of coffee in the coffee nook. There’s a handy desk where you can surf the Net with the free cable. The swimming pool’s really small, just one lane for a lap or tow, but there’s a nice hot water spa, and a small gym with a couple of decent machines…. It’s pretty small, though, just a row of a couple of treadmills.
Good, safe, convenient location…. Not a whole lot of places to walk to, but you are really just a minute from the malls and the Galleria, so there are movie theaters, shopping, restaurants, spas, the Upper Kirby area, and places to hang out and relax.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2009

Comfy bed, clean room, good service...but: the room has the aesthetics of a corporate conference room -- lots of dark wood, flourescent lamps, etc. Oh, and Marriott? It's 2009 -- time to have *wireless* internet. Right now, as Mrs. E. sleeps, I'm sitting on a hard, very corporate desk chair to work on my computer; the network cable they supply is not long enough for me to sit on the sofa across the room, much less (if Mrs E were not sleeping) sit in bed and work on the computer, as is my, and her, preference.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2009

This is by far the best Courtyard hotel any one can ever choose to stay in. The staff there is unbelievably talented, friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. I heard, and actually read on here, about people complaining about the price being "too high for a Courtyard". Are you kidding me?? This is not like any other Courtyard you've ever seen first of all. It is nothing like those worn out urban ones you see across the street from a Day's Inn (yuck!). People need to get it together and understand this is the GALLERIA in Houston, and if you want top notch service, you have to pay for it, and guess what? YOU GET IT HERE!! I truly felt like royalty here. The bartender is from England and is very engaging and friendly. When I spoke with the manager to commend him on such a great staff, he gave me a simple smile and promised me every time I come back it will be more enjoyable than the time before. I can't wait to prove him right! Go to the Courtyard Galleria in Houston!! Two thumbs up!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2009

Nice hotel, but there was a cupboard where you expected a fridge to be...a hotel of this calibre should have a fridge. Room was otherwise clean, spacious had a couch and bed, modern. Not the best of views...directly onto parking. But well placed if you want to go shopping.
I did use the pool but if you have more than 2 people in the pool its so tiny you might as well forget about it. Not really for swimming, but I imagine in summer it must be refreshing to use it to relax.
Breakfast is generally not included in price. You are supposed to pay for parking, but helpful staff offered me this so for me this was an inexpensice trip as I had used marriot points to stay here. Free coffee in the mornings took a while so had to make do with decaf...but it tasted better than other coffees I had tasted so was content. Would stay again if got good deal and room with a fridge.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo