“Nice Hotel, Great Location and Price” 4 of 5 stars

Member Rates
Ranked #106 of 488 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
New Jersey
“Nice Hotel, Great Location and Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Hotel was great - nice and clean with friendly staff, but not really any frills that set it apart - just what we were looking for. It was a little hidden back behind another building so you don't really see it from the road. You have to watch carefully for the sign and then drive down the alley that looks like it's belongs to the other building. Aside from finding it the first time, the price and location were great. It was the best value in the area. We were looking for something nice without extra frills and price. I would highly recommend it, if that's what you're looking for. Parking was supposedly extra but we weren't charged when we checked out. I would check rates directly with the hotel before booking online. I paid in advance with Expedia thinking I was getting the best rate but when I checked out the hotel bill showed an even lower rate (including taxes, etc) but was already paid via Expedia. I was still very happy with the rate I got, but disappointed that I could have gotten it even lower.

1 Thank viabrera
Jon G, General Manager at Courtyard Houston by The Galleria, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to do a review on our hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. At the same time we want to be better and make it a memorable stay for all our guests. We will look to do this the next time you stay with us. We also apologize for the receipt discrepancy you witnessed. I can assure you; you received a great value for your stay. We hope to see you back at our hotel again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

A modern style Courtyard, without a courtyard, in a great area. My key criteria for a hotel is how good do I sleep in the hotel. This hotel was quiet and the beds were very comfortable. I slept well all week, mission accomplished. The rooms were clean and in nice shape. The staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful. My only complaint was the old fashioned buffet. Most Courtyards have gone to the Bistro and I prefer that. Although the buffet had a lot of choice, the service was very slow. Had to wait a while for the coffee and check on several occasions. Not enough staff.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank theebdk
Jon G, General Manager at Courtyard Houston by The Galleria, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and I am glad to hear your stay was peaceful. We apologize for the service during breakfast. We will look into improving this area of service for our future guests. Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We hope to see you back at our hotel soon.
Dymchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

On a recent visit to the NASA space centre I decided to spend a couple of nights at his comfortable hotel with members of my family. We had a very good stay and could pick no fault, not that we were looking for something to complain about as many people do. The staff were very friendly and attentive, the food was good though nothing special and breakfast was wonderful. Because of the relaxed atmosphere we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Houston. Maybe many others who complain should come of their high pedestals of virtuousness and try to enjoy life a bit more.

2 Thank Roman S
Thank you for the excellent review. We are so happy we had a chance to serve you when you were in Houston. It is our mission to provide the best service possible while providing a clean hotel to our guests. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you back at our hotel again soon.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

The stay was fine until check out. Had one night using a certificate and one at AAA rate, both nights included parking and breakfast. Upon checkout got a bill for parking but nothing else. I told him parking was included--he said he would credit me. I asked him about the second night, he said no charge for the entire stay. I said fine. Three days later i had a charge for the parking AND for one night stay.....one on my credit card on file with Marriott when I made the reservation and one on the card i gave them when i checked in. Called hotel six times before i ever got to someone who actually knew what to do---he credited the parking and moved the room charge to the right card. He blamed all the previous errors on lack of training and took responsibility for it--that is to his credit. What I don't understand is why they had ill trained staff on a busy holiday weekend.

I have more than 1,000 marriott nights and I will not be spending another one here. If he had wanted to really address the problem and my continued frustration and time I spent trying to get this straightened out, he would have credited me the one night's charge, too. That's what a Marriott corporate owned property would have done. Guess the franchisee is too cheap.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to do a review of your stay. I am glad we had a chance to talk and get your issues resolved. We really hope to see you back at our hotel in the future. Thank you for staying with us.
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Loved our two day stay as a spot to explore Houston and environs.

Nice clean room
good breakfast downstairs
A couple of blocks from the Galleria.
Ample inside parking (extra charge)

Would stay again if in the Area.

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Natandjaan
Jon G, General Manager at Courtyard Houston by The Galleria, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We are glad to hear everything was great with your stay. We can't wait to have you back at our hotel soon.
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

During my stay I mistakenly came upon a staff area not meant for guests and was surprised to see a big sign on the wall obviously created by staff members themselves that declared that they wanted to be known as the friendliest hotel anywhere. After a five night stay there I must admit that in all of my travels I have never encountered a hotel in which such a high proportion of the staff, at all levels, were so relentlessly and sincerely friendly and concerned about guest satisfaction.

The breakfast at this Courtyard is still on the buffet model, with a custom omelet station, and is better than at most full service Marriotts. Terry presides over these breakfasts with a special touch for each guest, making sure that everyone gets what they need. Ebony and Rebecca are at the front desk have a smile and kind words for everyone. Jessica is always working away as a very engaged assistant manager.

While at first glance the access to the hotel on a service road just off Sage Road may seem a bit unusual, the location is extremely convenient for the Galleria Mall and all of the surrounding businesses.

This hotel has come a long way and the staff really make a difference

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the great review. Our hotel mission is to be the "cleanest and friendliest hotel." We live by this mission everyday. It would our pleasure to serve you and we hope to see you again soon.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Texan hospitality at its best. I've stayed at Courtyard before while on business around the world. They do what it says on the tin. My room was good - typical Courtyard.
And then there was that incident caused by this drunken English guy wreaking havoc in the corridors in the early hours, all I could hear was Andrew! Andrew! and a poor lady who didn't seem enjoy the attention given by this Andrew pom. I was told that he was celebrating some big deal he just made. But what an embarrassement of a person, I felt I was in Sydney's King's Cross back in the days.
Anyway, the bedding was fresh and was 100% refreshed every day - no nasty flower bedspreads. The walking distance to the Galleria meant that there were goodt outing options and convenient access to shops and services.
I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Jon G, General Manager at Courtyard Houston by The Galleria, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for review. We apologize for the loud guest in the early monring hours. We try to make sure all of our guests respect each other as much as possible. Glad to hear this incident did not go on for long periods of time. We are happy to have you back in the future! We can't wait to serve you again.