The stay was fine until check out. Had one night using a certificate and one at AAA rate, both nights included parking and breakfast. Upon checkout got a bill for parking but nothing else. I told him parking was included--he said he would credit me. I asked him about the second night, he said no charge for the entire stay. I said fine. Three days later i had a charge for the parking AND for one night stay.....one on my credit card on file with Marriott when I made the reservation and one on the card i gave them when i checked in. Called hotel six times before i ever got to someone who actually knew what to do---he credited the parking and moved the room charge to the right card. He blamed all the previous errors on lack of training and took responsibility for it--that is to his credit. What I don't understand is why they had ill trained staff on a busy holiday weekend.
I have more than 1,000 marriott nights and I will not be spending another one here. If he had wanted to really address the problem and my continued frustration and time I spent trying to get this straightened out, he would have credited me the one night's charge, too. That's what a Marriott corporate owned property would have done. Guess the franchisee is too cheap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly-renovated! The Courtyard Houston Galleria hotel has completed a full renovation! With stylish rooms and a new onsite Bistro, our hotel is a top choice among Houston Galleria hotels. Just one block from the Galleria Mall, our hotel offers rooms with plush Marriott bedding, free WiFi and flat-screen TVs with premium cable. Our King Rooms have pullout sofas and our Suites have convenient microwaves and mini-fridges. Our redesigned lobby is equipped with comfy seating and interactive GoBoard(R) with the latest news, traffic and weather. The highlight of our lobby is the brand-new Bistro where we're serving up healthy breakfast options and Starbucks coffee. Stop by in the evening for our delicious dinner menu and full bar. We're a great choice for meetings with flexible event space, custom catering options and A/V technology. Our outstanding service and new amenities truly set us apart from other Houston Galleria hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Courtyard Houston by The Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Houston By The Galleria Hotel Houston
- Courtyard Houston Galleria
- Houston Marriott
- Houston Courtyard