“Close to galleria ”

Courtyard Houston by The Galleria
Ranked #30 of 517 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

The front desk staff are friendly and attentive, the hotel is close to shopping and restaurants in the area. The downside the hotel is more dated than the newer courtyards I've stayed at in the past but it was clean and comfortable after a long day.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Jon G, General Manager at Courtyard Houston by The Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you for the review. Thank you also for the nice comments about the front desk staff. They are great. We pride ourselves on being a clean and friendly hotel even though we have not converted to the new bistro yet. Our hotel still does look very new even without the new renovated bistro. We are so happy you stayed with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

It's a block away from the Galleria and that's the only thing I like about this hotel.. Self-parking is $16.00. That's very expensive! The room was not very clean. They rooms have refrigerator but no microwave despite the fact that their vending machine little market offers microwaveable selections. There's rows of restaurants close by though. They have an indoor pool that is open 24 hours. The fitness room has one elliptical, one stationary bike, two treadmills, a bench and free weights and that's about it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank alincali

Thank you for taking the time to do a review of our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience regarding the microwave. We do have a microwave in our lobby for all of our guests to use. We do charge for parking but every hotel in the area charges for parking and we are priced right in line with the other hotels. We apologize for the inconvenience this brought you during your stay. I am glad to hear the location was perfect for your needs during your stay with us.

Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

The location is Fabulous. 1 block from the Galleria .Terry and the Breakfast Crew could not be more attentive. Many International Guests that were serviced well with bilingual staff. Parking is 16 dollars but you can take your car in and out. Very clean and well laid out room. Great overall Hospitality.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the great review. I can't wait to share your nice comments about the breakfast staff. They are awesome. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself is fine, and Jessica and Matthew at the front desk are wonderful. The other front desk workers appear to prefer chatting amongst themselves to working. The restaurant is only open Monday through Thursday. There is no food service AT ALL Friday through Sunday. There are no microwave ovens in the guest rooms.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank TWorkTraveler

Thank you for the review of our property. We apologize for the lack of food service on the weekends. We don't have a strong demand for it on the weekends with many of our guests wanting to go out to the local restaurants. We will definitely keep looking into if there is a need for the food service on the weekends. Thank you for the comments regarding the front desk.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Recently I booked and paid for in advance-a 2 night stay at this Marriott Property through Hoteldotcom. I was unable to make it the first night but showed up for the second night only to find my reservation had been cancelled. According to hotel and Marriot customer service, it was policy to charge and cancel my reservation. I fully expected to have to pay for the no show but when I asked for my room (already paid for!) the following night, I was told that I would have to pay $20 more than I originally paid for the same room. If the room was available, my original cost should have been honored. I have been a Rewards member for many years and have stayed in countless hotels during that time. Losing a long term customer for the opportunity to screw me out of $20 bucks is foolish!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
sharagerber, Manager at Courtyard Houston by The Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

I'm really sorry to hear that you were unble to make the trip to Houston on your originally booked nights. Unfortunately when booking through a third party, you sometimes need to pay in advance. This payment is often very low but unfortunately non-refundable. When you did not show up to the hotel to check into your reservation, it was then cancelled. Because you did not book the reservation through us or pay us for your room, we were unable to refund your money. The hotel did not benefit from this in anyway as you did not pay us for your room. I'm really sorry to hear that you feel that we were taking advantage of you as that was never our intention. You should be able to speak to the company you booked it through to get a refund for the second night if you also paid us. We will be happy to assist in anyway we can.

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Close to everything, restaurants, shopping centers, bars, nail salon, hair salons, massage spas. Everything. Great price for the location!! The front desk staff is very attentive, and fixed our toilet issue quickly! Would stay at this hotel again if I come back to houston. Only in town for the pats game!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location, value, and found our staff to be so great! I hope that pats game will bring you back to Houston because we would love to see you again!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I realize you could say that about all Courtyards. But this is not a small property, and the gym is way too small relative to the size of the number of bedrooms. Some more room definitely needs to be created for that.

As far as the Bistro, well, it will arrive there eventually. Not everybody can be first with that!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
sharagerber, Manager at Courtyard Houston by The Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with our gym. I'm really sorry to hear that you did not enjoy it. I would agree with you that with two treadmills, an elliptical, bike, free weights and bench we do have a small gym. We are going to cut into our offices so that we can expand our gym area when we are renovated. Thanks again for your feedback!