“overnight stay”

Courtyard Houston by The Galleria
Ranked #65 of 517 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 26, 2013

we stayed here overnight for a birthday party for my daughter. check in was smooth and the rooms were clean and nice, pool and hot tub clean and relaxing.

we were able to walk to do some shopping and lots of restaurants close by and many choices
will be back

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
sharagerber, Manager at Courtyard Houston by The Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your daughter's birthday party. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Houston by The Galleria

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Great location on the corner of the Galleria Shopping Mall. Self parking (for a reduced fee) is easy and the hotel location (unlike many others) is on a very quiet street. The window actually opens slightly - another rarity! Fitness center is decent & includes a small pool and (fairly) hot tub - could be hotter. My mattress was old and sagged, but management replaced (or flipped) it promptly & resolved the problem. My only slight complaint is somewhat thin walls. Although the adjacent room was not one w/ a connecting door I could hear when a conversation was underway in the next room (#1302). I was in #1304.
Less than a block away is a great Argentine steakhouse, TangoMalbec. Inhouse dining was also good

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I'm also pleased to hear that we were able to resolve your mattress problem. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Houston!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I've stayed here before & enjoyed my stay, so when I come back to Houston, this is always the hotel I prefer to stay at. It is close to everything I need & everyone at the hotel is so friendly & respectful. Not only do I get a good deal, but I enjoy everything about my stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank MsChris8
sharagerber, Manager at Courtyard Houston by The Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for continuously staying with us while in Houston! We appreciate you! I'm so pleased that you always find us friendly and respectful.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night while in town for a wedding. We arrived about an hour before check in and were able to go ahead and check in, which worked out great for us. We were upgraded due to being rewards members without us even asking. The gentleman at the front desk (Vijay I think,) was nice and genuine. This weekend also happened to be our wedding anniversary and upon this coming up in conversation, he gave us free breakfast for the occasion. The next morning, our anniversary, we saw him in the lobby and be immediately wished us a happy anniversary. Just a nice personal touch that was unexpected and not typical in most hotel stays. During the morning there was some sort of fire alarm malfunction causing the alarms to run for a long time, but it wasn't an issue at all for us. However the Monday after our stay, we received an apology email for this, even though we didn't even complain.

Our room was exceptionally clean and quiet. The location was great as you are in walking distance to the Galleria. We will definitely return to this hotel on future trips to the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank go_peyton18
sharagerber, Manager at Courtyard Houston by The Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words! We greatly appreciate your feedback. I'm so happy to hear that you selected us to spend your anniversary with! I'm even more pleased to hear that we were able to help make it a good anniversary! We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was my first stay at this location but have visited many other Marriott locations across the counrty for business and pleasure. This location in particular has the best service anywhere and sets the benchmark for competetors as well as all other Marriott brands. The hotel itself is extremely clean and well organized. Hats off to management for training and maintaining exceptional staff. The breakfast is also amazing. Fresh ingredients, eggs to order, and the same excellent servcie coming out of the dining area. The room rates are very reasonable and I did not mind paying the $16.00 per day parking in the secured garage becasue the area is top notch. Right next to the Galleria and exceptional restaraunts and shopping. I travel so often I normally don't have the time allocated for writing reviews, but I must let the information be known. I will bring my family back here for every trip to the Houston area. Thanks Courtyard Galleria Team, You Rock!

Room Tip: Get a city view room and go as close as you can to the top. 15th Floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your first stay with us and that it will not be your last! We strive to be the cleaniest and friendlist hotel in the area, so I'm happy to hear we were able to accomplish these goals! Thank you for the kind words! We think you ROCK too!!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I've stayed in hundreds of hotels and in 50 different Marriott family hotels so I know a good hotel when I stay in one. This Courtyard should be a model for all other hotels...clean and fresh in a great location. All Courtyard employees were friendly and helpful. The breakfast burrito in the cafe was great and way more than I could eat. For $10, you get the burrito and your choice of beverage. For $13, you can get the buffet which looked great with numerous hot and cold options. The room was cozy and the Paul Mitchell toiletries were wonderful. My only concern was that the pool and hot tub could have been warmer. All in all, I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room insist on a non-adjoining room. The Water Wall is just off Alabama Street...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for much for your feedback about your recent stay! I'm so pleased that you found our staff friendly and our hotel clean. I'm glad that you enjoyed your breakfast as well! We look forward to having you back again soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed here for the weekend while in town for a wedding. Great location, right next to Galleria mall, which is a great place to spend a few hours. I had reserved a king bed, but on arrival, all they had were 2 queens. the check in person comped us for breakfast both days, which was a $50 value. They have a great omlette bar. All in all, a great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
sharagerber, Manager at Courtyard Houston by The Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and that the wedding was a success!