We stayed here for 10 days on a recent trip to Houston. It is close to the Galleria, just a short walk away. There are a few restaurants within easy walking distance.
The staff were very friendly and efficient and were only to happy to call a taxi or give directions.
The room and bathroom were comfortable and clean. We had a view on the 14th floor but really - there's not much to see.
The bed was way too soft for me, not supportive at all. For those in need of good support best check their options before booking. I had to sleep without a pillow to provide my back enough support.
A few times during our stay the bathroom products were not replenished which made things a little difficult since I depended on them on a daily basis. After eventually querying this there was no further problem.
Breakfast is ample with many choices: a wonderful array of fresh fruit to cereals, ready to serve hot food and an egg/waffle station. The coffee could be much better; now I realise for Americans it was probably just fine but visitors from anywhere else in the world wouldn't think so. I could not get to the Galleria soon enough to visit the Nordstrom cafe right outside on the lowest level!
Parking was easy albeit with a fee which was more than I expected.
The gym is very small, a little too small for this size of hotel. On a few mornings before 6 am there was no running machine available. There are only 3. On a couple of occasions I had to miss out as on repeated checks there was still no availability. There is no space to wait without seeming rude.
All in all this is a good place to stay and I can recommend it. I'm not sure I would stay there again given the unsupportive bed and small gym.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly-renovated! The Courtyard Houston Galleria hotel has completed a full renovation! With stylish rooms and a new onsite Bistro, our hotel is a top choice among Houston Galleria hotels. Just one block from the Galleria Mall, our hotel offers rooms with plush Marriott bedding, free WiFi and flat-screen TVs with premium cable. Our King Rooms have pullout sofas and our Suites have convenient microwaves and mini-fridges. Our redesigned lobby is equipped with comfy seating and interactive GoBoard(R) with the latest news, traffic and weather. The highlight of our lobby is the brand-new Bistro where we're serving up healthy breakfast options and Starbucks coffee. Stop by in the evening for our delicious dinner menu and full bar. We're a great choice for meetings with flexible event space, custom catering options and A/V technology. Our outstanding service and new amenities truly set us apart from other Houston Galleria hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Courtyard Houston by The Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Houston By The Galleria Hotel Houston
- Courtyard Houston Galleria
- Houston Courtyard
- Houston Marriott