The room was clean, generously sized and the beds comfortable. The layout around the reception, bar and restaurant area was open and great for checking when friends might arrive to meet you. The business centre was fully automated and available 24/7, which was great. My only complaint about the business centre was that the computers were incredibly slow. However, they did work and they didn't crash, which is a lot more than can be said for most hotel business centers. The room, although well appointed, was a bit odd in that there was no mini-bar. I had put a credit card down, so I was a bit surprised at this - though not upset because it meant there were no chocoloate bars or cola to tempt me in the middle of the night. The choice of films was pretty good; I finally got to watch James Bond Skyfall in English. The hotel proved convenient, not just for downtown Houston, but also for the 'Energy Corridor', were I was holding meetings, and for a quick trip out of Houston to San Antonio, the Alamo, New Brunfells, and Gruene, Texas. The staff at the hotel were very polite, though not over polite as is sometimes the case in the US (okay, so I am a grumpy Scots Irishman). The buffet, though slightly smaller than I might have expected for this hotel, was nevertheless very good. One small complaint about the breakfast is that the poor 'egg maker' was overwhelmed and there was way too big a cue of people waiting for fried eggs. However, the coffee was served quickly and there were plenty of scrambled eggs available if you didn't want to wait for the eggs. I thought the spa was a bit on the bleak side, though not badly equiped. There was no Sauna, which is probably common for US hotels, but as a European I really need a Sauna after working out and before dipping in the pool, particularly an outdoor pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly-renovated! The Courtyard Houston Galleria hotel has completed a full renovation! With stylish rooms and a new onsite Bistro, our hotel is a top choice among Houston Galleria hotels. Just one block from the Galleria Mall, our hotel offers rooms with plush Marriott bedding, free WiFi and flat-screen TVs with premium cable. Our King Rooms have pullout sofas and our Suites have convenient microwaves and mini-fridges. Our redesigned lobby is equipped with comfy seating and interactive GoBoard(R) with the latest news, traffic and weather. The highlight of our lobby is the brand-new Bistro where we're serving up healthy breakfast options and Starbucks coffee. Stop by in the evening for our delicious dinner menu and full bar. We're a great choice for meetings with flexible event space, custom catering options and A/V technology. Our outstanding service and new amenities truly set us apart from other Houston Galleria hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Courtyard Houston by The Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Houston By The Galleria Hotel Houston
- Courtyard Houston Galleria
- Houston Marriott
- Houston Courtyard