I stayed here for 17 nights so I feel I got to experience every aspect this hotel has to offer. It is a 15 story high rise in the Galleria area. The first 5 floors are a parking garage, while floors 6-15 are guest rooms. This hotel seems to venture off from normal Courtyards and I can only assume it is because of all the competition.
They offer free continental breakfast for Gold's and Platinum's. The options are greek yogurt, an assortment of cereals, a variety of muffins, fruits, and juices. If you want to upgrade to the hot breakfast you will have to pay full price. Everyday the hotel selects one guest from check-in to be the "marriott reward member of the day". You are awarded 500 points and you are entered into a monthly drawing to win 5000 points.
The front desk sells wine and beer which I found interesting. The marketplace also has fresh sandwhiches for sale that are made in the kitchen. This marketplace is probably one of the more item impressive marketplaces I have seen and all of my stays until now have been at full service Marriott's.
The rooms are spacious and clean and if you forget to remove the DND sign from your door, housekeeping is kind enough to slip a note under your door informing you of the option to go downstairs to get fresh towels.
This hotel gives out Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner which until now, all hotels I have stayed at have used bath and body works. This was another little nice surprise.
The restaurant here has very strange hours. They will close early if there is not enough business, which in itself is not too bad given the area. There are a ton of great restaurants and if you are in this area I wouldn't recommend eating at the hotel, but rather venturing less than 100 meters in front of the hotel to some top notch restaurants.
I have stayed in all three Marriott hotels in this area (JW , Marriott, and Courtyard) and this hotel and the JW are some of the closest hotels you can get to the Galleria mall.
Parking here is $16 a day which is a little steep compared to other hotels, but given the ease of parking it is worth it. Some of the other hotels share their parking garages with businesses and this is one of the hotels that doesn't, so it offers quick and easy entrance and exit by using your Courtyard parking pass which is swiped in the machine at exit and entrance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly-renovated! The Courtyard Houston Galleria hotel has completed a full renovation! With stylish rooms and a new onsite Bistro, our hotel is a top choice among Houston Galleria hotels. Just one block from the Galleria Mall, our hotel offers rooms with plush Marriott bedding, free WiFi and flat-screen TVs with premium cable. Our King Rooms have pullout sofas and our Suites have convenient microwaves and mini-fridges. Our redesigned lobby is equipped with comfy seating and interactive GoBoard(R) with the latest news, traffic and weather. The highlight of our lobby is the brand-new Bistro where we're serving up healthy breakfast options and Starbucks coffee. Stop by in the evening for our delicious dinner menu and full bar. We're a great choice for meetings with flexible event space, custom catering options and A/V technology. Our outstanding service and new amenities truly set us apart from other Houston Galleria hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Courtyard Houston by The Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Houston By The Galleria Hotel Houston
- Courtyard Houston Galleria
- Houston Marriott
- Houston Courtyard