“great place to stay”

Courtyard Houston by The Galleria
Ranked #21 of 518 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 3, 2011

The hotel was clean, and in a great location. Easy access in and out. Staff was very helpful. I did not use many of the amenities. However, I would imagine that they were all great.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Hildum, General Manager at Courtyard Houston by The Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are certainly glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Houston, and we hope to see you again soon!

Micahel A. Hildum

Reviewed June 13, 2011

I thought I'd share a comment on my last hotel experience. I have never written a review before but feel compelled based on my experience.

I travel for business every week and have options with regards to where I can stay. I've chosen the Courtyard Galleria but of the comfort level. I enjoy interacting with the team at the front desk. They are first class and yet down to earth. A great combination.

I've also made friends with the individuals who manage the kitchen as well as their bartenders. I only have nothing but nice things to say about all of them.

I've had projects in downtown Houston as well as in the Galleria. As long as I have business in the Houston area, there is no question where I will stay.

Frank Galindo

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Courtyards have always been among our family's favorite when we travel - the fitness center, pool and requisite jacuzzi as well as their family packages are always a great value and we have a blast. And I'd heard that Courtyard was "new and improved" - I see why now. Not only did we get a preferred parking spot as Elite members (their loyalty program if you stay a few nights a year) but upon arrival we were the surprise Elite member of the day. But even if you're not in their loyalty program, they have awesome packages here and the proximity to the Galleria, Minute Maid stadium and the Museum district makes this a great vacation value. The hotel appears to be renovated to look even better; there were free scrumptious cookies in the lobby in the afternoons and the breakfast was not to be missed (omelet bar, fresh blueberries and pineapple, even poundcake!!). And you're in walking distance to the Galleria for shopping, etc. Bravo Marriott for understanding what makes customers feel special and return customers.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Hildum, General Manager at Courtyard Houston by The Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are certainly happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay us, and I’m glad you were able to take full advantage of all our family friendly services and amenities we have to offer.

Thanks again for staying with us! We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Houston area.

Reviewed May 28, 2011

The Courtyard is far and away better than the one on West University- clean, modern, professional staff and all amenities. Close to mall and restauarants. i will be back I'm sure as my company got a great corporate rate here. No complaints.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Hildum, General Manager at Courtyard Houston by The Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are certainly happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will be returning the next time you are in Houston!

Reviewed April 27, 2011

If you value sleep, I would suggest staying somewhere else. They need to do something about the insulation and noise... Location is good but so are many other hotels in the area.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel. We are very sorry to hear about the noise issues you encountered during your stay. We fully understand that the expectation is that we will provide accommodations for our guests that enables them to have a good nights sleep, and we apologize that we were unable to provide this for you. The hotel does offer rooms in quieter areas of the building that we should have offered upon you bringing this issue to our attention.

We certainly hope that when you visit the Houston Galleria area again in the future, that you will give us another try.

Reviewed March 11, 2011

This hotel is beautiful. The rooms are huge, clean and well laid out. However, I have never stayed in a hotel with such thin walls. The people next to me said "bless you" when I sneezed. The other side of me was a woman with a cough. I woke up every time she had a fit. I could hear the people across the hall having a conversation with their door shut. The ice machine...and every time a toilet flushed, I could hear it. Bring ear plugs if you value your sleep.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2011

Nice room, good value, good location. Very new hotel in good shape. Comfy beds and pillows. One gripe: the room ventilation system is based on motion detectors. So once you get in bed the system turns off regardless of setting. When the unit was on it helped block out the sound from other guests (cheerleading conference staying at the hotel!) but when it automatically shut off I could hear all the voices. Other than this issue, the hotel was perfect. I

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends