“Excellent maid service!”

Ranked #223 of 510 Hotels in Houston
Fort Worth, Texas
“Excellent maid service!”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Very friendly staff, clean room, comfy bed...I have no complaints. All in all a good value plus it's located near 45 and in close proximity to stores and restaurants. Surrounding neighborhood isn't the best, but I definitely felt safe. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Crissikitty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed December 25, 2011

I am very impressed with this hotel. Staff was very nice. Rooms and lobby was cleaned to perfection. Delicious breakfast with many options to choose from. Beds must have been brand new, because I slept like a baby. I will most DEFINITELY be returning back to this La Quinta when I come to Houston to visit family. Hats off to the staff at this location and general manager. This establisment is very well orgainzed and managed. I will be referring people here. Thank you so very much for your generosity. Your dedication and hard work is well recongnized.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank edward_shankle
California
Reviewed January 8, 2011

Checked into Room 211 - after about an hour the bed bugs started showing up! Night Mgr moved us next door to 209. I went down to lobby with a few captured bugs. Kid at desk mentioned about a month ago Rm 208 complained about bed bugs! I had them move me to 1st floor. No bugs, but room down and across the hall were yelling at each other for 3 hours!

Man was this place poor and I've stayed at various LQ a lot.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank richnjca
stanchere, Assistant General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston 1960, responded to this review, January 19, 2011
Mr. Klein

Let me apologize for the delay in getting back with you. I was not aware of this until I returned Monday after a long weekend. The exterminator had been called and your complaint was given priority.

After looking into this issue, I understand that you were moved to another room and sent a coupon worth $5.00 off at any La Quinta for each complaint until we could look into this.

I regret the disturbance you indicated. Unfortunately, we have limited control over people at times. Did you inform our front desk about the noise as soon as it became loud? We can not hear the same noises or levels of sound as guest at times. I believe that our front desk resolved that issue but I was unaware it took so long.

I am sure you are aware the issue with bedbugs is something all hotels deal with at some time. Your information seems to be wrong regarding other rooms . I could not find any record of 208 having bedbugs a month ago. Just the thought of bedbugs is disquieting so Hoteliers do take precautions but with the amount of traffic in and out of hotels, it does happen.

All reputable hotels have a maintenance contract with an exterminating company. The company we use comes out the same day we report anything unusual and checks it out. In reference to bedbugs, the room and rooms around are closed and sealed until checked and treated if necessary. Those rooms are left sealed for up to a month if necessary until released by our exterminator.

I have credited your stay of 01-06-11 and again I apologize that you had any issues as a Guest at this location. We want each stay for every Guest to be as comfortable as possible.
If for any reason you are not satisfied, please call me at 281-784-1112 or email me at lq6093gm@laquinta.com, I will do "Whatever It Takes" to make it right and ensure that you are 100% satisfied.

Sue Bullard A.G.M.
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston /1960
lq6093gm@laquinta.com
Alton, Il
Reviewed September 28, 2009

hotel is ok but it appears it has been rode hard and put away wet for as new as it is. The rooms look worn for only being a few years old. Maybe they had Katrina or Ike refuges living there with government vouchers? We saw hookers and pimps working the street behind the hotel and in the convenience store in front of the hotel. Take everything out of your vehicle at night. They had to hire guard to walk parking lot at night. Numberous homeless live under the interstate less than 3 blocks from hotel. Avoid if you have children or a wife.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
stanchere, Assistant General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston 1960, responded to this review, October 2, 2009
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I regret that you recieved such an impression of the Hotel and area on the weekend you were here. We do not have a lot of control outside our gates but can stop trespassers.
Did You report any service or cleanliness issues to our staff? We normally offer excellent service and maintain a high level of cleanliness.
Unfortunately, Houston has a high crime rate. We do advise that Guest take anything of value out of their vehicle and place it in the room. In an ongoing effort to provide a clean , safe environment, we chose to hire a security company. All of the better hotels in Houston offer security in an effort to protect our Guest.
We welcome your opinons.

Sue Bullard AGM
Minneapolis
Reviewed July 1, 2009

This post is a follow-up to my original review. LQ management did come back and offer me a Free Night's Stay coupon for the inconvenience incurred as a result of not having any water. While it took a complaint and negative reviews to get their attention I do appreciate them responding relatively quickly (within 1week) and making things right. As stated in my review the issue is more to do with lack of authority with employees when mgm't isn't around than anything else.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
stanchere, Assistant General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston 1960, responded to this review, July 16, 2009
I appreciate you posting a follow up on your review.
Unfortunatly, the General Manager and myself were involved in some prior commitments during that time.
Normally, we can respond within 3 business days to any issue with a Guest.
Please do not feel your negitive reviews or complaints to La Quinta had anything to do with our reponse. We try to respond to any Guest issue as soon as possible. I will investigate any issues brought to my attention, before I speak with a Guest if possible and sometimes that takes a little time.
Since the water issue was not under our control, our staff was faced with a dilemma.
There were no clear guidelines for this type of situation. We are not normally held responsible for situations like this.
I have used this for training purposes.
Even though the situation was out of our control we did discuss and implement plans to take care of our Guest.
Please do not hesitate to call me with any future issues you may encounter at this location.

Sue Bullard AGM